Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick

Reaction score
Checking to see if anyone has tried the new Scuba Pro Twin Jet Max fins. Sport Diver Magazine had them as an Editors Top Pick and they are supposed to be a little stiffer with a better foot pocket. I had a pair of Regular Twin Jets I liked and am looking for your thoughts on the new Max version.

Trying to get my hands on a pair while in Malta next week....the Scubapro distributor said they wont be in till mid May and they only have one Lime colored set now.... :(

I just switched to them for my drysuit. The original twin jet XL was a bit small for my rockboots. The max are HUGE they are easy to slip on and off. They are considerably stiffer than the regular twin jet, but no where near a paddle fin. If you need the size go with the max otherwise I recommend the classic. I stock the classic in all sizes, I only stock the max in xl.

a buddy of mine took a new pair with him to Fiji for two weeks... he hated them! luckily someone else in the group took a spare set of Atomics that he could use...

I bought a set a few months back and absolutely love them. I have been using Jets for 10 years so I am used to a stiff fin. These have enough stiffness to be manuverable but still kick very easy.

Anyone know where you can get spring straps for these?

I just got a pair. I had only used veloces before but they've gotten beaten up and decided to replace them. I tried these, classic jets, and atomic splits vs. my old fins in the pool and after a few hours in the pool trying them all out settled on these as my favorites. My first complaint was there's not much feedback, but I seem to go plenty fast without much effort so I guess that's the point. I tried turns, skulling, and frog kicks on them and got them to work as well as or better than the others, so combined with them being easiest and as fast I settled on these. Tried them out on a boat dive at the weekend and they were great, had to swim against a pretty strong current on the first dive and did fine, don't normally get an obscene amount of cramps but I didn't even have a hint of one all day.

My only complaint is I can't find spring straps for them.

I think its actually a different strap than the twin jets, it seems narrower. Anyone want to confirm/disconfirm this?

I considered 'adapting' my springs from the veloces (which I think is the same fastener as regular twin jets) but didn't really want to start butchering my straps or fins. Thanks for the links though.

Actually this brings up another complaint...couldn't they come up with a more different name? I'm sure some advertising consultant was paid heftily to come up with adding 'max' to the twin jet. No offense to any ad consultants...really I'm just jealous.

I'm sorry, the links I showed you was the spring strap for the original twin jet. I don't know if there is one for the twin jet max.

That's cool, I appreciate the effort. I asked at the store I bought them from and he said he'd get them in as soon as he could but I figured I would explore my options. I didn't even think about getting springs for them until I did my dive and felt the excess strap flapping around, at first it freaked me out then it was just annoying.

Back
Top Bottom