Scuba Pro MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheranguista

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone, i bought this ScubaPro MK 2 Regulator 1st stage from ebay; is paired with a Mares Proton second stage; I ve always have rented gear so now i really gave a blind leap with this equipment, to be honest I didn t think that i would win the bid. But I like the idea of having my own gear to dive more often. Can anyone give me some idea is this is good gear. It look very new in the pictures. But i dont know anything much of this brands or this in particular, thanks in advance for your responses!!!Any tip wolud be appreciated also.

I know nothing of the Mares (due to issues with other Mares things, I will not own another Mares product).

The SP MK-2 is an unbalanced piston, and in the SP line, it is "low end". It is a serious work-horse, simple, decent performance, and re-builds are quite inexpensive. For hose routing, it lacks a turret, so it has less "popularity". Many chose them for deco regs due to the reduced service cost. I have a few of them, and they have given me no troubles.

I also like their cold water tolerance, so they are on my pony in <45 degree water (the only piston i would do this with).

If you pair it with a performance balanced second stage, you likely won't notice much difference from the "hot rod" packages...

Agreed, the MK-2 is a base model but rock solid and dependable. I'm not a fan of the Proton but it's OK. Pair the MK-2 with a good balanced second or for that matter a SP 109 and you have a good reg.

Agreed, the MK-2 is a base model but rock solid and dependable. I'm not a fan of the Proton but it's OK. Pair the MK-2 with a good balanced second or for that matter a SP 109 and you have a good reg.

Have any ideas of a Balanced second , dependeble and not to expensive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom