scuba pro mk2/r190 for DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hilk

Registered
Reaction score
hi.. i'm newbie here... just a question here! if use scubapro mk2/r190 switch to dir configulation which primary hose will be 5 foot long. will you all recomend ??? if no whic first/reg suitable.beside apeks. thanks :10: :10:

i;m recretion diver.. not tec.usually dive at warm water sea.

For single tank warm water rec diving, Scubapro MK20/25, Oceanic PX-3 or Atomic Aquatics first stage offers the best hose routing, IMHO. I personally use a MK20/S600/R390 setup. I would not recommend the titanium versions of the Sp or the Atomic. I don't see why using a MK2+/R190 would be a problem for rec diving other than the hose routing would not be very tidy.

Not sure I understand your question "which primary hose will be 5 foot long."

Your primary reg may be on a 5-7' hose but a 40" hose would be perfectly acceptable for a (no overhead environment) "DIR" single tank rec diving setup.

thanks.. actually my friend did offer me 2nd hand scubapro mk2+/r190. plan to setup with 5' long hose for my primary hose.(over head enviroment).

"I would not recommend the titanium versions of the Sp or the Atomic"

why??? titanium not good???

for primary 5'ft long hose setup., which type of first stage is recomend, balance or unbalance??

The Mk 2 R190 will make an excellent deco reg so it will be very useful later if you go the technical diving route.

It is also a very useful reg right now for diving within recreational limits.

It is a little limited for deep diving do to it's limited flow rate and performance.

Personally, I switched from Mk 20/Mk 25's to Mk 17's on my doubles as the Mk 17 is an excellent reg with a flow rate that is more than adequate for any deep/technical situation, offers better hose routing on doubles, and is absolutley bullet proof in extremely cold water.

It is my opinion currently the best second stage SP produces, and in my opinon is also the best first stage around. Period.

-----

Titanimum creates an oxide on the surface that is not very O2 freindly so nitrox applications are more limited with Ti regs. ANd in reality you are paying a insane amount of money for no advantage over a brass or Stainless/aluminum design.

You do buy yourself some snob appeal with a Ti reg, but most knowledgeable divers will laugh at you behind your back for owning one anyway.

DA Aquamaster:
The Mk 2 R190 will make an excellent deco reg so it will be very useful later if you go the technical diving route.

It is also a very useful reg right now for diving within recreational limits.

It is a little limited for deep diving do to it's limited flow rate and performance.

Personally, I switched from Mk 20/Mk 25's to Mk 17's on my doubles as the Mk 17 is an excellent reg with a flow rate that is more than adequate for any deep/technical situation, offers better hose routing on doubles, and is absolutley bullet proof in extremely cold water.

It is my opinion currently the best second stage SP produces, and in my opinon is also the best first stage around. Period.

-----

Titanimum creates an oxide on the surface that is not very O2 freindly so nitrox applications are more limited with Ti regs. ANd in reality you are paying a insane amount of money for no advantage over a brass or Stainless/aluminum design.

You do buy yourself some snob appeal with a Ti reg, but most knowledgeable divers will laugh at you behind your back for owning one anyway.

thanks for the tips......anyway the mk2+/r190 will limited flow rate and performance when deep diving, right! other then that,is it suitable for using at for 5' or 7' long hose.?
just worry about other factor! cause this range of first stage & 2nd stage is catagory low profile range if we compare with Apeks, MK25,aqua lung and other.
:D

A 5' or 7' hose will have the effect of increasing the volume of intermediate pressure gas in the regulator. That in turn will provide more gas for you to drawn on before the reg catches up.

So in effect, the longer hose is a plus as the extra internal volume helps compensate for any lag in response time for the piston to lift the seat off the orifice.

The only other potential issue with a MK 2 used for back gas is that the hoses tend to sprout all over the place. A reg design like the Mk 17, Poseiden, Aqualung Legend, etc allows you to route all the hoses straight down on doubles with 2 or three hoses off one side of the sideways mounted reg.

But again, its not an issue on a deco bottle where you only have one hose off the first stage and can route it down the side of the bottle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom