Scuba Pro Jetfins, Or Fins Alike?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StephanieGrace

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking to buy some new fins, I am specifically thinking about Scubapro Jetfins in yellow. But I have heard that they are somewhat heavy and sometimes weigh you down. Is there any other kinds of fins that are around the same price or cheaper that work just as well?

I currently have Tusa split fins which are great, but I find that its harder to do certain kick styles, especially for some tech diving.

Thankyou for your help! :)

scubapro jet fins are heavy to balance tech diver ( special head heavy ) they are made from rubber

also from rubber but lighter and softer are turtle fins (i have them )

you have to look monopreme fins which are more buoyant like

OMS Slipstream Fins | Dive Gear Express®

F1 LT , F2

I've dived using a friends Jet fins and didn't find them especially heavy. Both my wife and I use the Dive Rite XT fins which we find to be great (and I believe are also popular in the tech community) They are apparently lighter than jet fins - but I have no evidence to support this Unfortunately they only come in grey or black :(

What kind of diving do you do and in what conditions and equipment?

couple different things to think about. The Jet Fins are great fins, especially for backmount, but suck in sidemount. I love mine, and will be using them in a few days, but they are a tool for the job at hand. In this case it is backmount doubles in a drysuit. If I'm diving singles or sidemount, I usually grab my Dive Rite XT fins. Can't go wrong with either, but there are tradeoffs for travel, the Dive Rite's are fairly long, and the Scubapros are a bit heavier and the blade size changes pretty dramatically with foot pocket size

I have Tusa split fins too but just bought a pair of SP Novas from a fellow inmate here....ill be trying them out at month ends, but from what I have read, they get great reviews. I'll review after my trip.

If you don't need the extra weight of the Jets in order to trim out properly, take at look at the Slipstreams. They're much lighter and work great for precision kicks and positioning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom