SCUBA PRO D350 & Sherwood Magnum Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to diving and am starting to look at gear. I'm thinking of bidding on a couple of online auctions for the following regulators:

- SCUBA PRO D350 (used once, is this an older model?)
- Sherwood Magnum Regulator

Is anyone able to provide an insight into either of these regs?

My diving will be in temperate waters all year round in salt water.

Cheers!

The D350 is an excellent second stage and is normally found with a Mk 5 or Mk 10 first stage. Both are great first stages and a Mk 5 D350 should be new enough to have the late production 5 port swivel cap. Mk 10's had the 5 port cap from day one.

The D350 is easily upgraded to D400 status at annual service and the D350 and older D400's have a metal orifice than makes them superior to the late production D400's with the "new and improved" plastic orifice.

If the reg is in good shape it would be a good investment. Plan on spending up to $60 though to have it serviced initially.

1 vote for the magnum. Robust reliable, and good performer. The fry bleed works well only if you maintain it. The only people that have problems with these regs are the ones that do not maintain them and the salt crystalizes around the dry bleed and allows water to get in. just maintain it like you should and you will be happy. I am not too sure, but I think that the SP will be alot more expensive for relatively the same performance.

I Love Sherwood.....go for the Magnum. No matter what else I have...I go back to the old magnum....you won't be disappointed.

I would go with the Sherwood Magnum. I have used them for rental units for years, and find them to be almost indestructible.
Aloha Turtleguy

One more vote for the magnum. I'm not intimately familiar with the scubapro, but would say it is a great regulator.
The magnum, however, is definately a great reg. Sherwoods are very simple and cheap to maintain and they offer great performance and reliability. I have 5 sherwoods and they all work great.

Back
Top Bottom