Scuba package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyingm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all, I have looked around at a lot of LDS's and have found the one I like best. At the same time I got package deals from each of them and all have been with $150 of each other w/ the brands they each carry. I wanted everyones opinion on 2 deals and I am leaning to the first one. How do the prices look to you and I am not here to start a SP war :wink:. They each dropped tax and gave me a % off retail. The first is:

$1300 SP Knighthawk w/ Air2 (retail ~1540)
SP M17/S555
In-line 3 gauge (Air, Depth, Compass) (already have a Computer)

$1190 Seaquest Balance
Apeks XT20
Basic Octopus

I feel like I am getting more for my money w/ the first deal and it is about 16% off retail. I think I prefer the knighthawk over the balance. I know I could probably go cheaper on the internet but I really enjoy the local relationship and it's not worth small sum I could save online. What do you think?

Have them swap the S555 for a G250V and go with that package. It will probably cost a little more.

you may want to get a regular octo instead, I do not like the possible breathing in bc air and using the inflater and reg part in an emergency more to think about in a ooa emergency. If you get a regular octo, you can save a bit more money also. But the I think the SP package is pretty good. The price could be a bit better. But you are getting more with the sp then the al package, the 3 gauge console is a plus.

you may want to get a regular octo instead, I do not like the possible breathing in bc air and using the inflater and reg part in an emergency more to think about in a ooa emergency. If you get a regular octo, you can save a bit more money also. But the I think the SP package is pretty good. The price could be a bit better. But you are getting more with the sp then the al package, the 3 gauge console is a plus.

Why do you think you would be breathing BC air when the air cannot come out of the BC when the inflater/deflater valve is closed?

I tried one inflater/octo combo once, when trying to acceding, I had small gulp of fishy air, i might have not been being careful with the buttons. It was an older design but, i did not like it. Just a preference, that is all. I like not having to have to think is I have an ooa situation, just breath an manage the BC like normal while acceding. That is all.

Back
Top Bottom