Scuba masks suck.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have also used the saliva method for decades, and it does work to provide fog-free viewing.

SeaRat

Spit work fine for most people. It also excels at growing mold if you dive often enough. I use the baby shampoo mix when I can.

Fun fact on baby shampoo: it still burns your eyes, they just add a numbing agent so you can't feel it!

I guess y'all are either too chicken to spit in your masks, or too chicken to admit that you do. I bet you don't pee in your wetsuits either! :coffee:

I never piss in my wetsuit.
Ever.
I did years back while working diving every day. Started to smell. Someone suggested shampoo.
Now wetsuit smells like piss and shampoo.
So I trained myself to never do that.
One day I’ll cut a fly I to my wetsuit.

I still use spit. If it ain’t broke etc.
I’ve never had mould growth.
Not even w clear silicone

I use 50/50 water baby shampoo. When done it goes right back into my little milk crate. Added benefit is it smells nice.

If someone doesn’t understand how field of view is affected by the style of mask, or can’t keep their mask from fogging, or thinks that all masks suck because one does, or has limited situational awareness, or thinks that all problems underwater result in death, or thinks that a more expensive mask (or anything) automatically means “good”, or thinks that a FFM will solve these problems, and doesn’t want a buddy…maybe solo diving is not a good idea just yet.

super scary covid

Dude, scary story for you. I was diving overseas where covid is still a thing apparently. I was watching a shark swim by, and WHAM!!! Out of nowhere, covid came by and ate that shark like a fat woman eats a hoho. Gone, without a trace! Covid is no Joke, and if you ignore it, it will eat you in one bite... They use to call it megalodon in the old days.

Dude, scary story for you. I was diving overseas where covid is still a thing apparently. I was watching a shark swim by, and WHAM!!! Out of nowhere, covid came by and ate that shark like a fat woman eats a hoho. Gone, without a trace! Covid is no Joke, and if you ignore it, it will eat you in one bite... They use to call it megalodon in the old days.
I've had it and framed out and sheathed a new 12x16 roof on my shed in January. Covid is a joke of you're relatively healthy and haven't fallen prey to the terrible practice of disinfecting everything in your life. Germs build immune strength, bubbles breed weakness. I figure a non smoking (16 years), non drinking (8.5 years) and a lot of world travel (US Marine Corps) also contributed to my 1 week of glorified hangover. This is all without any vax for it. I'll gladly get it once it has proven effective and safe over long term studies like ALL other FDA approved medicines. I'm glad you only saw the feast and weren't an appetizer.

I'm a truck driver. I have gotten ever airborne disease of the last 15 years. My immune system is fort knox, only with more gold inside.

This is about to become the HCA thread. :stirpot:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom