Scuba masks suck.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Required for all diving certification, isn't it?

Try diving for several minutes without it. That’s quite different from what they put you through in OW class. Had that that in my solo class and intro to cave class.

I do that but with baby shampoo and a week (or even a month) before. Never fogs up.

I like to add it a YEAR before I go diving……come on guys….baby shampoo in your mask while you’re setting up your gear is all you need.

I guess y'all are either too chicken to spit in your masks, or too chicken to admit that you do. I bet you don't pee in your wetsuits either! :coffee:
try not to but do. try not to but do, neither is preferable.

I guess y'all are either too chicken to spit in your masks, or too chicken to admit that you do. I bet you don't pee in your wetsuits either! :coffee:

I’ll spit if I forgot defog, but it’s been sort of frowned about the past couple of years.

I’ll spit if I forgot defog, but it’s been sort of frowned about the past couple of years.
The only time I heard of NOT using nature's solution is when we rented snorkeling gear for our kids in Hawaii 2 weeks ago. The LDS provided drops with each kit and requested we use those vs spit because of it being rental gear and the super scary covid. That stuff is great but is one more thing to be lost at a dive site imo.

The only time I heard of NOT using nature's solution is when we rented snorkeling gear for our kids in Hawaii 2 weeks ago. The LDS provided drops with each kit and requested we use those vs spit because of it being rental gear and the super scary covid. That stuff is great but is one more thing to be lost at a dive site imo.

You keep it in your mask box. Much less chance of losing it.

I guess y'all are either too chicken to spit in your masks, or too chicken to admit that you do.
I've heard it doesn't really work as well for some people. Worked fine for me, though I still prefer to use baby shampoo or a defog gel. They all work, but the defogs (like Stream 2 Sea or 500 psi) seem to work longer.

I have a theory on why the spit doesn't work for some. I bet their Mom never washed their mouth out with soap when they were younger, so the saliva never developed the appropriate ph.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom