Scuba Liquidators /eastern water sports lowball price for used dive equipment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In general, doesn't matter how you stored it, BCs (other than back plate and wings which can hold 80% of their value 5 years down the road) figure 25% of what you paid for it. If it's more than 3-4 years old? 125-150 bucks.
Regs? If they have a recent service, depending on the brand, 50%-70% of what you paid. If they need a service? 30%-40%.
These would be retail selling to another person. If they know what they are looking at. You may get more from a newbie who doesn't and is trying to save as much money as possible.
Fins? Run of the mill -$25.
Tech fins? 50-90 depending on the brand and how bad the person wants them.
Masks? $10-20
Wetsuit? 20%-25% of what you paid if it's less than 3 years old. Older? doesn't matter how many dives on it -$50-$100.
Accessories:
Retractors - scrap
Pistol grip lights? $20
Generic reels? Scrap
Spools? Delrin $5-10, Aluminum - $10-15, SS - $30
Why? Well, when you consider the average markup on gear is anywhere from 50% to 300% on some stuff, you see that you overpaid in the first place in many cases because the average diver allows themselves to get talked into more than they need.

What do you have? You been going on about it, but haven’t bothered to mention exactly what you’re trying to sell.
My intention was to receive input from other buyers/ sellers .I am grateful for all the replies, especially those who seemingly had negative experiences with that company. My intent is to post my items, pictures, and asking price on ScubaBoard once I am eligible to do so. At this point, I guess that I can at least provide a list:
Scubapro: large mens Hydros pro
Sea wing nova large fins ( yellow)
Roll and go equipment carrier
Regulator bag with strap
Analox: Nitrox analyzer

I will make it clear. I do not wish to receive requests for asking price etc. via messenger at this time. I will post in classifieds when I’m certain I can do so. I feel stupid, but I have read there are requirements to be eligible to post items for sale on this site. Anyone who can clarify this for me please let me know.

My intention was to receive input from other buyers/ sellers .I am grateful for all the replies, especially those who seemingly had negative experiences with that company. My intent is to post my items, pictures, and asking price on ScubaBoard once I am eligible to do so. At this point, I guess that I can at least provide a list:
Regulator bag with strap

I will make it clear. I do not wish to receive requests for asking price etc. via messenger at this time. I will post in classifieds when I’m certain I can do so. I feel stupid, but I have read there are requirements to be eligible to post items for sale on this site. Anyone who can clarify this for me please let me know.
From what I remember, you are 1 post away from being able to start a thread in the classifieds section. So, should be able to soon.
You should go to the classifieds forum and read the rules, it’s a quick read. Classifieds SPECIAL RULES - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - 2019 Update
Good luck selling your items!

Erik

The musical instrument and the sporting goods resale stores around me are very explicit with their buy sell policy. They will pay you one quarter of what they expect to sell the item in cash, or one third in store credit. It’s not great monetary value, but then you get space back in your house or garage and you don’t have the hassle of managing prospective customers around your preexisting schedule and personal space.
From what I remember, you are 1 post away from being able to start a thread in the classifieds section. So, should be able to soon.
You should go to the classifieds forum and read the rules, it’s a quick read. Classifieds SPECIAL RULES - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - 2019 Update
Good luck selling your items!

Erik
Thank you so much!

Regulator bag with strap

If he offered you more than $235, that would be a fair offer from a retail shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom