Scuba Liquidators /eastern water sports lowball price for used dive equipment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They’re probably counting on people wanting to take the easy way out to sell, rather than doing it themselves.

Of course, it totally depends on the gear you’ve got. Many people think their used scuba gear is worth a lot more than it really is.

It’s like selling your used car to Carmax instead of selling it yourself.

Totally shocked by their quote. Anyone else deal with this co. ?
I’m a bit confused by this, and it may just be me. LeisurePro.com is now longer up and running. It is now under Scuba.com.

Did you get a quote for buying used equipment, or selling them used equipment. Also are you shocked that it is so high, or so low?

I have purchased from Leisure Pro under both websites with no issue, but always new gear.

Looking forward to some more info as to the particulars of your post.

Erik

I’m a bit confused by this, and it may just be me. LeisurePro.com is now longer up and running. It is now under Scuba.com.

Did you get a quote for buying used equipment, or selling them used equipment. Also are you shocked that it is so high, or so low?

I have purchased from Leisure Pro under both websites with no issue, but always new gear.

Looking forward to some more info as to the particulars of your post.

Erik
I do have to apologize. The company is eastern water sports. The items are used but I have always stored the equipment in a controlled environment indoors at my residence. Their quote seemed to be very low compared to similar if not identical gear on this site and other sites. Their quote was also based solely on photographs as is the norm. These are items I wish to sell. I hope this provides the answers you seek. The header on the quote is listed as Scuba Liquidators. Thank you for your inquiry

I do have to apologize. The company is eastern water sports. The items are used but I have always stored the equipment in a controlled environment indoors at my residence. Their quote seemed to be very low compared to similar if not identical gear on this site and other sites. Their quote was also based solely on photographs as is the norm. These are items I wish to sell. I hope this provides the answers you seek. The header on the quote is listed as Scuba Liquidators. Thank you for your inquiry
I’d encourage posting them here in classifieds. At worst, it’ll help give you an opinion of market value.

Most items of used dive gear have a very low residual value once open/used at all, they also tend to sell slowly/infrequently hence the lowball quote. Your best bet is your local or regional scuba facebook or similar type groups, scubaboard's classified section, or reddit's scubaswap.

I bought some fins from them through ebay. Transaction was fine. Price was pretty cheap. To sell cheap, you need to buy cheap.

ETA May I suggest that you edit the thread title to reflect the correct vendor.

They’re probably counting on people wanting to take the easy way out to sell, rather than doing it themselves.

Of course, it totally depends on the gear you’ve got. Many people think their used scuba gear is worth a lot more than it really is.

It’s like selling your used car to Carmax instead of selling it yourself.
I agree, especially since I purchased it new. No Kelly Blue Book for scuba. Thank you for your time and reply.

How do they stay in business giving you the full selling value? They have operating costs that have to be met/offset. Do you really think they would operate in any other mode?

They are a "for profit" entity.....

Cut out the "middle man", and you can maximize your return. However, as stated above, it isn't likely worth as much as you believe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom