Scuba-L Cratos(Orion) Back-inflate BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for your help, B1. This must be the day they answer the mail. Here is what I got:

Dear Stu,

Thanks for your email,

The web will be ready within one month.

Thanks for your kind waiting.

Best regards,

I believe that BC is sold as a "Cratos" in the UK, and a "Sea Elite Rec X" from Diver's Supply. These are more expensive than ordering through Scuba L. Do you know of any other names for that same BC? I like the idea of getting integrated weights and a crotch strap, too.

A bank transfer for ordering? I would want some Mastercard protection between me and them.

Thanks again.

Thank you for your help, B1. This must be the day they answer the mail. Here is what I got:

Dear Stu,

Thanks for your email,

The web will be ready within one month.

Thanks for your kind waiting.

Best regards,

I believe that BC is sold as a "Cratos" in the UK, and a "Sea Elite Rec X" from Diver's Supply. These are more expensive than ordering through Scuba L. Do you know of any other names for that same BC? I like the idea of getting integrated weights and a crotch strap, too.

A bank transfer for ordering? I would want some Mastercard protection between me and them.

Thanks again.

I'll keep you posted. At worst case if you do the bank transfer and nothing shows up you can dispute the charge. Maybe I can get them to do their bank transfers through PayPal or add in credit card processing.

I'm pretty happy with my Cratos, bought via the worldwide part of their website but I'm now after a BP & wing - been trying the worldwide site for a while - there look to be lots of new products on there but the prices don't show and you can't order anything, it looks about buggered and they don't answer emails either. How do they expect to stay in business, especially in the current climate - it's not enough to have a good product in the shop if your customers can't get in through the front door.

The Redhat diving Cratos is available from eBay UK. The shipping costs to me make it less of a bargain. There is also a "Sea Elite Rec X" that looks like a Cratos. It is available in the US from Diver's Supply. It is a good deal, but not the $199 deal that we see from the Scuba L US website.

I can wait a while on this. What I need is a BC that accepts a crotch strap, is robust, and (primarily) low cost.

I have owned the Triple L Orion for about 4 years, and I am not a fan.

The BC body is too long for a woman's body, making the cummerbund try to close around my waist instead of above it. I have a medium, so it doesn't have the rear trim pockets. I often use a weight belt in addition to the integrated weights since they don't hold enough weight and the front pocket is not made to hold weights.

I would be happy to part with it and find one that fits -- I am 5'4", so maybe that's why this is a poor fit.

Hello there in PA. I'd buy that off you if I could. Happy day if I could wear a medium! Sizing is a concern with online purchases. But... the price dive shops charge is also a concern. That's why I like opinions and ideas from others, like you.

My daughter is 5 foot 5 and does not use a ladies BC. (One of those size 7 college kids.) The Sea Quest Mailbu size XS has been doing well for her for about 4 years. Those might be called "unisex" I guess.

Thanks for your comments, and I still have heard nothing much from Scuba L. My local dive store has an "EDGE" BC that appears to be lighter duty model of that same Orion-Cratos that I may give some consideration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom