Scuba-L Cratos(Orion) Back-inflate BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a re-tread and been out of the sport for 20+ years, so the equipment has changed a little(Dah..you think??) Haha. I actually came back to the sport because of a planned trip to Hawaii this fall and my daughters have caught the snorkling bug. I picked up some good Bodyglove equipment for them to start and have been upgrading mine over the last little while. I'm looking at the STRATOS with the air+ feature, I'm 6'3", 270 lbs with a 54inch chest and have heard from other........rather rotund individuals how they liked the combination of extra lift, support and stability. But what I'm hearing from you folks and others is that SCUBA-L is producing a superior product for the price when compared to other makers equipment at comparable prices(apples and oranges at apple prices). Thanks for your views and opinions, because of it I am making some comfortable and qualified decisions regarding all the new stuff available. My learning curve has gone vertical, but I'm not in a hurry. So again thanks

Russ

Well a year and a half later and i still love my BC. I'm not a super active diver, but i have been on several dives and this BC performed flawlessly each time.

Highly recommended...

I went to order the orion 3 today but I could not add to the shoping cart.

Anyone else having this problem?

Reading the previous posts I'm a bit confused about the integrated weight pockets. Do they have some quick release system?

Yeah, I'm getting a PHP error as well.

Yep, I had the same problem, so I emailed to ask what was happening and got this reply.

" Hi Richard,

I'm sorry we are updating the site now so you can not make an order. If you are not in urgent, please keep us a wait so you can order directly when we finish.

Best Regards,

Jessica Nguyen
Sales Department"

I'm in Australia, so I deal with their Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) branch, you people would be best speaking with the USA HQ in Ca, whose phone number is on their webpage.

I'm in Florida and my responses come from Jessica also. The number in Calf goes to a VM box.

Yep, I had the same problem, so I emailed to ask what was happening and got this reply.

" Hi Richard,

I'm sorry we are updating the site now so you can not make an order. If you are not in urgent, please keep us a wait so you can order directly when we finish.

Best Regards,

Jessica Nguyen
Sales Department"

I'm in Australia, so I deal with their Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) branch, you people would be best speaking with the USA HQ in Ca, whose phone number is on their webpage.

I got a reply as well. It even states the time when they intend to finish the "update". I suppose there unfortunately IS a (striking) difference between well-known and less-known brands.

Hi Tomas,

I'm sorry to inform you the site was updating now so you can not make an order. We intend will finish in about two month but if you are in urgent please let me know your detailed request so we can process your order in advance.

Best Regards,

Jessica Nguyen
Sales Department

I just received the Large Orion that I ordered and it's worth the money as it's loaded with features and looks to be very well built. It has several D rings, drop weights, trim weights, double cam straps, spots to attach a knives.

I can't weight to get it in the water. I'll take some pictures of the BC and post them. The "Cratos" and the "Orion" look very different and have some different features. This is their "latest model for 2008".

Pictures....

HPIM1489.JPG

HPIM1490.JPG

HPIM1491.JPG

HPIM1492.JPG

HPIM1492.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom