Scuba Jim….more Questions about French Polynesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim

Good to hear from you.....and NO we have NO NEW NEWS!!!! :loopy:

However ........ today we are going to sit down with the agent and get this thing all buttoned up.........I'll probably end up reposting even before you get to see this post.....unless your checking email from home or your at work late......

The wife seemed to indicate we were headed for Tikehau ..... but who knows ..... its only taken 3 weeks to get this additional info out of the travel company......they are most likely only looking into Taha'a at this moment......(seems they are taking there sweet time as they already have 95% of our money ..... since last year no less :confused: ) probably get the Taha'a info when we are back from the trip!!!

Anyhow I'll let you know when and if we find anything out tonight.

Your getting close to departure time!!!! :snorkel:

Talk to you soon

Scott

Jim...................

At this point I hope we get there………….
Well that will happen ….just don’t know were we’ll be staying yet!!!!

Talked to the agent tonight........and she had it all planned out Manihi, Tikehau, Bora Bora....

Then it started…….Come to find out the resort we had planned on staying at on Bora Bora will be undergoing renovations from Sept. through October......:upset::livid: OK we'll recover from that.....Then we are sucker punched again and told that we should stay in the beach bungalows on Manihi vs. the overwater ones :confused:

So now what to do????? Our agent talked today with the travel company and found all of this out......Turns out the individual with the travel comp. just got back from doing some investigative work. She recommended the beach huts over the overwater bungalows on Manihi ... said they were nicer..... said the overwaters in Tikehau were great and highly recommended this atoll....said that Taha'a pearl beach was absolutely unbelievable....also looks like the most expensive in FP ( even said the resort was in really good shape) and very impressed with the facilities. Then substituted Bora Bora Pearl Beach for the Sofitel Motu......... :whack:

I will grant you that these are all , as I'm sure your aware, incredible places to stay.........Its just when you have a year to think about it and get all pumped up about your vacation spot then the apple cart gets upset ...... well its pretty crappy!!!!!!...We had done so much research on the Sofitel Motu and heard so many good things we couldnt wait to get there....not to mention it is a small resort which is what we wanted. Now we have two or three days to pick and choose another location......as of right now it looks like we may stay at Bora Bora Pearl Beach....but we'll see…..Just had a little wind taken out of the sails……………

Any words of wisdom?????????

You mention in an earlier post you spoke with Wendy at Blue Nui...Is that Gilles's Wife?????.......Do you have an email Address that you could send me so I could ask her a few questions...or whats the best way to get in touch with her?????

Thanks my Friend!!!!!

Scott

your poor guys, all this messuing around. Odd that they moved you from overwater to beach bungalows at Manihi - it sounds like someone somewhere down the line got it wrong and they are using this as an excuse! I can dig deeper for you but would need to know when you are booked into which hotels, plus I would need to have your last name!!!

We are staying at the Eden Beach in Bora Bora. It is only 3 star but has a fab location, apparently.

Here is the email for Blue Nui: boraborabluenui@mail.pf

I don't know if Wendy is Gilles' wife. Maybe!

Let me know if I can assist further....

It must be frustrating....

Jim

Scott:
Please continue to update us. Jim thanks for being so much help!
Also Jim, a bit off the subject.. Are you planning on going to DEMA this year?

I don't think I am. I have my big Tahiti trip in 4 weeks, then the weekend after I return from that we have a dive show in the UK and I always go to the Antibes fesitval in the S of France, and this year it is at the end of October. It is very much a social occasion, with everyone getting boozed up! I don't think I can fit DEMA in, and anyway, I have no desire to go to Vegas. When they put it back in Noo Orlins then I will be back!!! :)

Sorry :(

Regards
Jim

Jim

I echo Natasha’s sentiments.......I just hope we can get together in "Paradise" so Robin and I can both thank you in person!!!!!!!

Hopefully we will know more this afternoon....... At his point I don’t want to get you involved in this as that should not be needed ..... But Thank You for your kind offer.... I'll PM you with questions as to what to do if it does come down to that.... But like I said I hope it doesn’t.

Like Scuba sass said ... Step back and think of where we are going and enjoy.......It just gets frustrating when you think its all said and done and its not…. I guess in the grand scheme of things its just a minor speed bump. I'm sure wherever we end up will be unbelievable....

Again many Thanks for your help :wink: :wink:

Scott

I might not have even said it enough. Jim is a definate asset to our board. I look forward to all his future participation.

:sunny:

Jim

You came through again!!!!! I sent another email to Blue Nui and got a great response back from Wendy.......She was our saving grace today with all the other snafu's that we've recently run into.

What a nice person to talk with (OK.... write to) , and helpful beyond belief. Turns out the guys on Manihi sent our original questions to her and she answered them all.

It doesn’t look like we are going to have the pleasure to meet face to face:( but we are just grateful to get there at this point!!! How it stands as of this hour, as I'm sure things will change yet again, is that Bora Bora will be our first destination (as opposed to how it was originally planned to be our last ) .....It then looks like we are off to Tikehau....as our agent claims there are no flights available to Taha'a in the time that we would need a flight :upset::confused: (granted this was a last minute afterthought)

Wendy helped soothe that pain by indicating that the Diving and sea life in Tikehau has been quite amazing as of late (Dive staff has seen some rather impressive toothy critters!!!) and seemed to indicate that the Dive center on Taha'a is not up and running yet and they need to scope out some dive sites (I don’t think she realized that we are over a month away from arriving in FP)

So we will see what transpires tomorrow...that is later today !!!!

Cant wait to get there!!!!

Talk to you soon

Scott

Thanks for the kind words. Now I can't get my head through the door!!! :)

Scott, I think I gave you may dates of when I am where, but here they are again:

16-20 Sept: Rurutu
20 Sept: Sheraton Papeete
21-27 Sept: Aggressor in the Tuamotus
27 Sept: Sheraton Papeete
28 Sept - 01 Oct: Taha'a PBR
01 - 05 Oct: Eden Beach Bora Bora
05 Oct: Beachcomber Papeete
06 Oct: Home!

If we tie up in anyway, let me know! It would be great to meet up but if not then next time! I am sure that wherever you are, we'll be able to hear the bed spings!! :bounce: :wink:

Just don't frighten the fish away!!!

All the best for now
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom