Scuba Jim….more Questions about French Polynesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finesse

Reaction score
Hi Jim.....

Started a new thread .... just felt bad about posting all over Caymaniac thread …

Is it true that Pearl Beach at Taha’a just opened on the 29 of July??? And at that I heard that it was a “soft opening”… Sounds like there are very limited facilities open. I’ve also heard that its not always the best idea to stay in a resort that is so new….as they have not had a chance to “iron out the bugs” and are still trying to figure out how things flow.

Worse yet ….. I heard …..and it may have been through the link you sent me ……. That there will be no dive center on Taha’a in 2002:( ….I may have seen that on Blue Nui dive page as they will provide the diving service……

You have the inside scoop on this????

Talk to you soon :wink:

Scott

Yes, they were my misgivings as well...

I asked for assurance from people in Tahiti and got this reply:

Dear Jim,

Following your mail addressed to Damien, I have the pleasure to inform you of the following:

The dive center of the Tahaa Pearl Beach Resort will be the Taha'a Blue Nui which will open on August 19th, 2002. In october the hotel will not be a building site and should be fully operational. We do understand your clients' concerns and shall keep you informed if there is any problem.

Should you have any further request please do not hesitate to contact us.

With Best Regards

Raphaela

Remember the Pearl Beach gorup are the largest chain of hotels in Tahiti and my opinion is that they will have it all sorted in a matter of weeks - they have plenty of experience.

I also talked to Wendy at Blue Nui; Stephane from their Manihi centre will be running operations at Taha'a.

We're staying there! :)

Hope this helps.

All the best
Jim

That's certainly good news for anyone going to Taha'a, as he is a great guy to dive with!

Bummer for me, as I was hoping to return to Manihi to dive with him again. He was truly a delight when we were there in March.

Have Fun, and be sure to post a trip report!!!

Scuba-sass :)

Jim....THANK YOU!!!!!

Well that being said I guess we will pursue staying at Taha'a....It looks incredible !!!!!! (nice to know someone with inside info :wink: )

We are going to be in the overwater bungalows in Manihi and Bora Bora.....SO Robin and I thought we might give the beach bungalows a shot!!!!! They look outrageous....

Is it my understanding that each Beach bungalow has its own small private pool??? if so WOW!!!!!

I know this is near impossible to say.....but....Do you think it would be distracting with building going on in late September...did they give you any indication of the magnitude or will it just be finish up work???

Sorry for that last questions ...thats a mouthful:) and asking for alot of speculation!!!!!

Thats good and Bad about Blue Nui and Stephane moving to Taha'a....Its my understanding that the Dive center on Manihi is second to none....I've heard they are incredible people to work with.....Scuba -sass has eluded to this also...

Thanks Jim...

Scott

The question is, are we going to see you in Taha'a or Bora Bora? Do you have your dates yet? We are in Taha'a from 28 September for 3 nights.

I don't think you will have a problem. I think all the construction work will have been done and gone and there will just be minor titivation - landscaping perhaps, routine tidying up, but I am pretty sure they are not going to have bulldozers and the like trundling past your room at 7.00am!

Yes, the beach bungalows have their own pools! I don't know if we will be in a beach or overwater bungalow. We find out when we get there. I suppose it depends on how many people are there at the time.

And if you guys are on your (belated) honeymoon, I expect we'll want to be far away from your room, or it might not be the buldozers that are keeping us awake! Arf Arf! :wink:

If they have moved Stephane to Taha'a maybe it is just temporarary to get the place up & running properly, or perhaps the diving is very good there and they want him to work full time. I'm as much in the dark about it as you are! :)

6 weeks on Sunday and not counting before I depart for Tahiti! Yeeeeeeeha!

Regards
Jim

Jim....what are you thinking!!!!! We're going for the Diving:wink:

And if you guys are on your (belated) honeymoon, I expect we'll want to be far away from your room, or it might not be the buldozers that are keeping us awake! Arf Arf!
:tease: :heya:

That was good!!!! got a good laugh out of that!!!!

Anyhow......NO we still havent heard...aarrrgggghhhhhh!!!!! It would seem the travel company is/are the ones dragging their feet...or so we are told......

We did change our itinerary from our original plans from last year so I dont know if thats whats got them confused or what......

They did give us Raspberries..... Thumbs down...... whatever you want to call it about staying at Taha'a due to whats going on.......

BUT we kinda got the "bug" to stay there.....It just looks incredible ......

Anyone seen a bulldozer :D

Talk to you later
Scott

hi Scott,

I think it will be fine. I have had assurance from some pretty high up people that the place will not be a building site. What have your exceptionally slow travel agents heard that is different? (Don't ask them that, they might not get you an answer until you are back from honeymoon!)

I am goinf to send someone else an email and ask them....

In the meantime, I'll ask them to keep the bed springs well oiled.

:bounce:

Be in touch later!

Regards
Jim

Scuba Jim once bubbled...

In the meantime, I'll ask them to keep the bed springs well oiled.

:bounce:

Be in touch later!

Regards
Jim

:D :D :D ......... your bad...................

OK.... time to switch gears......

The Travel Co. said nothing that we didn’t already know.....that the resort was slated to open in June sometime and missed that date.......they said things might not be as organized as should be.... Then our agent said that a couple last year.....and I think they were on the Honeymoon thing too :D..... ran into a similar situation at the resort that they stayed at ( I don’t think it was in FP) ... the resort wasn’t fully operational and they had a "not so good time"......even got a weeks stay free...........Hmmmmmmmm

Bottom line if we want to stay there its our choice......I'm very interested to see what your contact has to say.....

Talk with you soon

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom