Scuba-induced Multiple Personality Disorder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvintpa

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a scorecard of which ID's belong to which individuals on this particular board?

I find it interesting that some of the people who were prescribing earlier that people should post with their real name (to supposedly enhance credability - got a good laugh outta that one, thanks), are some of the ones with multiple ID's.

Admittedly, it has been quite humourous to watch someone have a conversation with themselves (in the guise of two different people).

:D

Marvintpa once bubbled...
Does anyone out there have a scorecard of which ID's belong to which individuals on this particular board?

I find it interesting that some of the people who were prescribing earlier that people should post with their real name (to supposedly enhance credability - got a good laugh outta that one, thanks), are some of the ones with multiple ID's.

Admittedly, it has been quite humourous to watch someone have a conversation with themselves (in the guise of two different people).

:D

Yes at times humerous but does violate the TOS of this board. When in jest I am sure they turn a blind eye, but when done in a malevolent fashion it should not be tolerated.

You are right though in that the worst MPD offenders seem to be the very one's calling for people to post with their real names.
I've gotten whip lash at times trying to keep the identities straight. Hypocrisy at its best again.

wetman once bubbled...
You know, i'd likely change my login to my real name if we could do that after the fact now. Wish i had started out with it that way actually.

steve

i would think if you asked one of the people that run the site, they would change your name (wetman) to your real name if you wanted it that way. it shouldnt take them but a few seconds to do it.

steve

I don't have a "score card" on who's who on the board.
I have been known to talk to myself :D
but not here on the board.
I also sometimes wish the people with strong opinions on the board would have the guts to post who they are. Most people know who I am on this board and if they don't, they can go to my webpage and find out, which is in my signature line

Your mom and dad gave you a multi-syllabic label when you were born. What did they know?

The moniker that you choose for yourself here on Scubaboard presumably carries a semblance of your true nature in it.

It seems more plausible to me that everyone should instead change their given legal names to their Scubaboard monikers, rather than the other way around.

Remember the movie Dances With Wolves? "John Dunbar was a name I was given when I was born that now means nothing to me. I am Dances With Wolves now." That sums it all up, as far as names go.

As for people who use their own names, I have noticed that a goodly number of them are just advertising their own business services. If I were a full time scuba pro, I might consider that form of self prostitution as well. Anything for a buck, as the story normally goes, when youre in business.

On your separate note, regarding sockpuppets, that is a schizophrenia of a different color. 5% or more of the worlds population are crazy. You cant expect Scubaboard to be immune. Its not a perfect world.

DeepTechScuba once bubbled...
The moniker that you choose for yourself here on Scubaboard presumably carries a semblance of your true nature in it.
[/B]

Actually, that might be reading a bit much into it. I had just seen the movie batman and everything else i had chosen was taken, so it only seemed obvious at that point... Now where is my cape...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom