SCUBA Halloween Costume for kids - Ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Archer_Pensacola

Contributor
Reaction score
Since my wife and I have taken up SCUBA, our two boys (8 & 4) are infatuated with the idea of diving, and both have decided to be SCUBA divers for halloween. I feel like I can throw something together for them but I was looking for some ideas for dive components made of household items. The wetsuits will be stretchy sweat/jogging suits, and I plan on grabbing the kiddy mask/fins/snorkel from Toys R Us (hopefully on clearance). I saw plans for wrapping a 2-liter soda bottle in foil to make a tank. And I can convert a belt and styrofoam blocks into weight belts. My biggest question is what to turn into a regulator (2nd Stage). I was thinking of cutting the mouthpiece off the snorkel and atting it to something spheroid to make the 2nd stage. Any ideas on what that could be? I plan on attaching it to the "tank" with a section of pneumatic air hose. Any thoughts on a cheap imitation BC? It is going to be warm so we may skip this item. Finally I was thinking my wife could sew or iron on a "diver down" flag onto their chests.

What do you think? Any other ideas?

Archer_Pensacola:
I saw plans for wrapping a 2-liter soda bottle in foil to make a tank.

You can use two to make twins.... :) it makes it more obvious what it's supposed to be.

My biggest question is what to turn into a regulator (2nd Stage). I was thinking of cutting the mouthpiece off the snorkel and atting it to something spheroid to make the 2nd stage.

Think vintage double hose. A snorkle mouthpiece and a bit of old vacuum cleaner hose or something like that. That way it will hang around their neck and stay there. Single hose makes it less obvious what it is.

Double hose is also easy to attach to the top of your double tanks... :)

Any thoughts on a cheap imitation BC?

Ask around if somone has some life jackets you can borrow. Just cover them in black plastic.

R..

For the second stage, use styrofoam since you are buying it anyway, and use a pacifier as the mouth piece, if you have to have one. Old fashion double hose eliminates this need

Hollowed has plenty of "black" suits out there that can be a wet suit. I'd buy a black costume and (love the idea) use your plastic foiled wrapped bottles and the vacuum hoses.

ScubaSarus:
I say let em wear the real gear :)
And give 'em a spear gun with a roll of TP attached................:D

Why dont you get some webbing and heavy cardboard and make an imitation backplate and wings set up :) It would give you something to attach the tanks too.

Could make a little 'catch' bag with some octopus legs coming out...

Would love to see the pics of them all dressed up too... how cute!

how bout a crown and a trident, they can play poseidon

Back
Top Bottom