Scuba geocaching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A local dive club dropped a geocache locally and we came a across it on a night dive. I was the only one that knew what it was, so I had to stop filming to open it. The cache was made from a PVC plpe. One end was weighted, the other was capped with rope handle.

Some suggestions from my one encounter: drill some holes in the sides so water can flow in or it will be a nightmare getting the cap off underwater. Stash it where it will not silt up the water while someone is wrestling with it. Label it so it won’t get collected as trash. I don’t know what happened to the one I found.

(I realize this isn’t traditional treasure, so if a mod wants to move this please do.)

I’m curious if anyone on the board has ever hidden one underwater or has found one. If so, can you tell me more about the container, location, etc?

I've got a divemaster candidate who's into this... We've talked about it, but I think that's as far as she's gotten...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom