SCUBA Gear Maintenance and Assembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you serious? Why can't someone be a technician and an instructor? The "factory" is the manufacturer, typical for lots of industries where the people who designed and built the equipment then go and train the technicians.

Yes, I am serious. Someone CAN be both an Instructor and a Techician, I am both myself. I take offense with the fact that they are saying there is something like a "Factory trained instructor"!
A "Factory trained technician" is who I want assembling my gear, not an instructor trained at an imaginary "Instructor factory".

Yes, I am serious. Someone CAN be both an Instructor and a Techician, I am both myself. I take offense with the fact that they are saying there is something like a "Factory trained instructor"!
A "Factory trained technician" is who I want assembling my gear, not an instructor trained at an imaginary "Instructor factory".

Thanks for clarifying that important distinction for us. Why don't you drop them a line (Scuba.com Retail Store in Orange County, Irvine) to let them know how they could improve their marketing?

Maybe you'd feel better if they'd put this up front rather than buried on their contact page:

F[FONT=Lucida Grande, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ully equipped factory authorized repair facility for [lots of named manufacturers][/FONT] where trained technicians perform equipment maintenance, repair, and assembly. All of our scuba equipment technicians are also certified scuba diving instructors with years of field experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom