scuba for the blind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New member here, and I don't know how to search this thread, so I'm just gonna ask:
I can't be the first person to think about a dive computer you can read with your fingers, can I? I mean, is somebody already making one? I'd think that such a computer would be helpful for every diver, as a backup at least. Is this something you guys have already gone over?

I know only one system, that allow to read information by fingers - Braille display:
Braille_Display-1.jpg

BUT! this elements with moving sticks is require too much power, and size of such computer should be like DecoBrain
p585_1_00.jpg

Much more simple is could be using sound system, like Orca Pilot Audio

Orca Pilot Audio.gif
Orca_Pilot_Audio.jpg

Unfortunatelly it is no more manufactured....

I`d discussed with Alexey Vazhinsky, who produce one nice and powerfull divecomp - AV-1
av1f_comp-300x249.jpg

He`s told me, he can add sound system to his computer, but due to low demand for targeting buyers for such system - it is not the main priority for him.
You can try to ask him about this idea again... may be he has already something...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom