Scuba Diving TV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I loved Sea Hunt & Flipper as a kid & Flipper is what got me interested in diving. I always wished I was Bud, I still do.

drbill:
Bob- I've had a daily 30-min dive-related TV show on local cable TV for 3-4 years. I've been surprised to find that many of our local divers don't watch it, yet lots of non-divers watch and comment favorably on it. Some of their pets are regular viewers as well... I have heard owners of several cats say they come running when they hear the sound of the regulator bubbles at the opening of the show.

Don't assume the market is strictly divers (although I know plenty will be interested). It is of broader interest as well.

I'd be glad to work with you on any segments that focus on regions I've filmed (soCal kelp forests primarily, but also the Sea of Cortez and the Caribbean). I have many hours of stock footage.

Dr. Bill
Could you tell me what channel your show is on & when.

I'm new here & not sure how to reply to the one person & not the group. Anyway I'm interested in your show could you please tell me what channel your show is on & when.
Thank you
JMdiver

JMdiver:
I'm new here & not sure how to reply to the one person & not the group. Anyway I'm interested in your show could you please tell me what channel your show is on & when.
Thank you
JMdiver
If you click on someone's user name at the top left corner of their post, you'll get a drop down menu that will allow you to sent them a Private Message (PM).

Hope that helps.

Welcome to the board! :happywave

Christian

boblanning:
I'm a US based TV producer. We have interest in developing a weekly TV series for Scuba Divers.
I welcome you comments on whether this program would be of interest.
Thanks,
Bob Lanning
Directors Group

Yes as long as your coverage is not just abroad like carribean islands. There is a lot of people who get into scuba who would love to hear about local diving from lakes, rivers, streams etc in their own back yards. Not everyone can get away for a long trip.

Sounds like an excellent idea! I'll second the global perspective with injections of local diving in the US and Canada. Even with hockey & lacrosse, many Canadian bubble makers would watch some poor soul doing an ice dive with kids playing hockey overhead.

In addition, a segment on accident analysis would be good way to keep the community informed while improving the knowledge base.

OMG!! Please, there is such a NEED out there for a good diving show!
Please produce and distribute on a widely available channel, my cable
company dropped OLN! Time for dish I guess.

This would be great! I always look for diving related shows, but they are few and very far in between. I know a really good underwater videographer, who has lots and lots of quality video that has already been professionally edited. He is also the owner of a local dive shop, and does lots of diving, from NJ wrecks to Ice diving, the St. Lawrence Seaway, to the warm waters around the world. His stuff is always riveting to watch. The only problem would be that now I would have a reason to sit on my butt and watch tv. Go for it!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

I just noticed on NBC's Fall Preview, there will be a new show called Surface that will have some diving in it. It looks kinda Sci-Fi, actually. Does anyone know anything about this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom