Scuba Diving or Sky Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffestpirate:
If I get into trouble diving......I can always swim to the surface:D

You get in to trouble skydiving you can always take out some jerks car in the DZ parking lot... :^)~

hahaha, Thanks for all the information guys! I'm not the most exciting thrill seeker; but this sounds like fun. If I can have fun without screaming the whole way down! Is it better to tandem first? I'm going to look up static and free jumps now!

A windtunnel? THAT could be crazy! Without dieing!

As for scuba or sky, I'll always scuba (much to my fathers' bank account's fright) but the boy isnt certified otherwise I'd find a place to dive in CO. Is there such a place?

I do both, Scuba diving is better for the soul, skydiving is more of a rush.

Incidentally, id doesn't feel like falling.

Jeff

Hahahahaha!

:coffee:

So, having been 4 years since I took physics, why doesn't it feel like falling? Gravity seems to work?:confused:

ScubaBabe22:
Hahahahaha!

:coffee:

So, having been 4 years since I took physics, why doesn't it feel like falling? Gravity seems to work?:confused:

Don't know why, but it feels more like flying. I had flying (without the plane) dreams for a long time and they were great. Maybe it doesn't feel like falling since the reference points are so far away. Plan on doing it.

Do it if you dare
Leaping from the sky
Hurling thru the air
Exhilarating high
See the earth below
Soon to make a crater
Blue sky, black death
Im off to meet my maker

/chorus/
Energy of the gods, adrenalin surge
Wont stop til I hit the ground, Im on my way for sure
Up here in the air, this will never hurt
Im on my way to impact, taste the high speed dirt

Paralyzed with fear
Feel velocity gain
Entering a near
Catatonic state
Pressure of the sound
Roaring thru my head
Crash into the ground
Damned if Ill be dead

/chorus/

Jump or die!

Dropping all my weight
Going down full throttle
The pale horse awaits
Like a genie in a bottle
Fire in my veins
Faster as I go
I forgot my name
Im a dirt torpedo

High speed dirt...

High Speed Dirt Megadeth Countdown to Extinction

It doesn't feel like falling for a couple of reasons.

One being "forward throw" Depending on the aircraft you jump from it will be traveling 90+mph on jump run. When you exit you only acellerate slightly as you exit and are still being carried forward for a short time by the planes momentum (this is called the hill). Picture tossing something out of your cars window it doesnt speed up nor does it just go strait down.

The other reason is once at terminal velocity the references that would give you the sense of falling arent there.. Aside from the wind rushing past your face your first few jumps will be so sensory overloaded you won't likely even recall you are on errrrrrrrrrr near planet earth.

I am sure there is someone here that can explain the physics better but it just doesnt feel like falling...

As for tandem and AFF it depends on how you want your experience to go... Tandems are quick, and fun. The instrucor does the work. AFF you sit in a ground school for 6-7 hours and learn how to jump from an airplane and survive it. Then you will jump with 2 instructors (one on each side) Do some skills in free fall, then deploy and pilot yourself back to the DZ with an instructor coaching you via radio. AFF is the way I started. I didn't do a tandem until I had around 100 jumps and there was a new Tandem Instructor that needed a meatbag for his qualification jumps. It was fun but at that point I didn't like being on the aircraft or in the jump door without a rig on my back...

The wind tunnel is a blast http://www.skyventurecolorado.com/ Pricy but will give you an idea what you are in for...

Back
Top Bottom