SCUBA Diving Near El Paso TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cuznbrad

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey whats up? Im in the military stationed here in El Paso Tx. I had recieved my cert about a month ago and was wondering if anyone out there knew of somewhere to dive near El Paso? I am from Norwalk Ca, thats 20 min from Long Beach, and really want to dive some more. Or if there is anyone out there that is in this area that needs a buddy look me up i'm always open on the weekends. There is a few dive shops here in the area and they seem cool. One that is here you can check their webpage at Desert Divers Southwest - Home

Mike
:14:

You might try Blue Hole in Santa Rosa NM...thats about all I can think of. There was a write up in the latest Sport Diver magazine that my wife caught. It's fun maybe a time or two.

Sorry I don't know much about the area by El Paso, I can tell you from many trips to Laredo to Stay out of the Rio Grande!!!

Welcome to Scubaboard!

Yeah that is a pretty murky place the Rio Grande. Elephant Butte was another place so the locals say here but it too is a bit murky. I have all new equipment and want to use it but nobody/nowhere to go/go with. Also I have my cert with SSI and was looking to continue with my training. Here the dive shops are only PADI. What can I do?

Hey CuznBrad - I did my (first) OW cert in El Paso while in the military there (25 years ago) - we went to the Blue Hole

There's also Balmorhea State Park - haven't been there myself

Beyond that, I think that's about it as far as I know

:14:Thanks.. I did some online research on the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa. It looks like some great fun... Now the next thing which is the hard part..is to find someone to dive with. The local dive shop takes their students to Balmorhea for their ow cert. They tell me it is just that.. a place that you can get your cert at.. andby word of mouth, it dosent seem that interesting. I did my ow cert in Redondo beach, and Laguna beach Ca.. so I think that it might be a bit plane jane.. but who knows i will have to check it out for myself.

:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom