Scuba Diving Magazine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I admit, I have enjoyed reading Scuba Diving Magazine over the years.

Some time ago, PADI bought the magazine and made it the official publication of the PADI Club. Scuba equipment reviews have always included items submitted by manufacturers for review. However, the objective review of regulators and dive computers were refreshing and consistent. The most recent publication was called the Liveaboard Issue. Though there were advertisements from many operators, the only featured boats were from the Aggressor Fleet. I have had several very good liveaboard experiences with Aggressor, including two weeks on the Red Sea Aggressor l that caught fire and sank a few months after the Conception disaster in California. For the life of me, I can't figure why other liveaboard operators were not included, except for money. The current editor in chief, and her husband, the director of testing under ScubaLab, are leaving the publication now. After many years, I think it is time for me to leave also.

ad·ver·to·ri·al
/ˌadvərˈtôrēəl/

noun
  1. a newspaper or magazine advertisement giving information about a product in the style of an editorial or objective journalistic article.

each and every one is.

I'll miss the reviews online. I gave up magazines when they started becoming overly political.
I detest the entire PADI methodology and I have one PADI cert. Almost like an MLM to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom