Scuba-Diving in Askeli- Poros, Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alan_pires

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'll be visiting Askili in Poros, Greece and fancy doing some dives.

Does anybody know of any Dive Centres who would do trips on Poros?

Cheers,

Alan

Depending on when you'll be there, weather conditions may not be the best for diving.. As far as i know it is a bit cold around this time of year. There was a diving center in Poros, POROS DIVERS - POROS ISLAND , but i'm not sure if they operate on a regular basis in winter time. You can try contacting them by e-mail to get some info. Other than that, there is a beach called "Vagionas", that a member in a local forum has mentioned as a nice diving place.
Hope that helps a bit, although your options would be a lot more if you visited May onwards. Maybe you can try some diving around Athens too if you stay there.

Hi John, Thanks for the reply. I will be going over in June so hopefully the weather will be better! I will check POROS divers out.

Would you knoe if there any good diving spots near Poros?

Would you know if there any good diving spots near Poros?

I cannot tell about shore dives in Poros. However, Saronic Gulf (that is where Poros is) has numerous good diving spots, yet at some distance from Poros. For example, an intersting wreck (Avantis III) lays close to the nearby Agistri island, at 17 nautical miles from Askeli. Petrokaravo reef is at 9 miles and Plateia at 8. I guess you need to check with the diving centre whether they have an adequate RIB to do such dives.

Contact George at Kallianos Diving in Ermioni! They have a diving center on the tiny island Kapari, and dives in the Saronnic. You can get to Ermioni with the Flying Dolphin from Poros(by the way, Ermioni is also a nice play to stay). If you're lucky, you may see dolphins.... Check it out on Google!
George speaks greek, english,french & italian! Tehy have two diving boats and equipment in good shape!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom