Info Scuba diving boat sinks after bursting into flames off Hong Kong’s Jin Island in Sai Kung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't imagine a "three-storey scuba diving boat." Glad everyone escaped before the tanks started exploding. See the explosions on this clip...

Guessing the popping were tanks letting go. You can pretty much hear the ring of the metal. Aluminum cylinders failing in the heat. Does Honk Kong do the European thing of no burst disks?

Guessing the popping were tanks letting go. You can pretty much hear the ring of the metal. Aluminum cylinders failing in the heat. Does Honk Kong do the European thing of no burst disks?
I was wondering about that too on the video, must be the tanks.

What is the reason for not having a burst disk?

Everytime I got a fill here, there is an over pressure valve on the compressor side.

Everytime I got a fill here, there is an over pressure valve on the compressor side.
I guess that’s fine until a situation like this boat on fire. You are not only escaping from the fire hazard, but also from the tank explosion hazard.

I love no burst disks - why introducing another part than can fail? EU valves have a bypass that serves the same purpose without being a part that needs replacing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom