Scuba diver labelled 'a hero' for removing fish netting from jaws of distressed shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gosh, and he did it with split fins too.

The split fins must have been the “risking his life” part of the story. :wink:

This video is great! Anything to dispel the myth that sharks are man eating devils.

Shark feeders typically don't use a chum bag for a number of reasons, not the least of which is when the shark wants it, and it's tied to you, you go too. Shark feeders typically use a metal box. Heavy enough to stay in one place, light enough to carry back and forth, and big enough to not attach it to you. I used milk crates with a milk crate lid.
The only feeding I've seen was in Roatan, Honduras. They used plastic 5 gallon "paint" buckets. The sharks destroyed the bucket, and the feeding guy said it was common for that to happen.

You can see the bucket in this photo: DSC09525.VividShare.JPG

The only feeding I've seen was in Roatan, Honduras. They used plastic 5 gallon "paint" buckets. The sharks destroyed the bucket, and the feeding guy said it was common for that to happen.

You can see the bucket in this photo:View attachment 479290
Yeah, I would expect that bucket wouldn't last long, but the price is right. The tiger sharks at Tiger beach go for anything white. Of course, stupid Italian supermodels filming Go-Pro ads wear white bikinis because they show up best for the camera. And they get harassed by the sharks. It's kinda funny. You buy them books and you buy them books, and they rip out the pages and eat the covers.

They're known as Grey Nurses here, there is no shark feeding - I'd say by the looks of it some kids tried out a crab pot or something. Good on him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom