Scuba Data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior:
"MASS - Measures the Amount of Matter out of which a body is composed."
Here is another definition for you

"The quantity of matter in an object, usually expressed in kilograms or pounds."
ergo both divers will have the same mass.
Now the larger diver will have more volume and so will have more resistance to the water around him requiring more effort to move thru it.

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. In response to one post, I want to let you all know that I've been diving for over 17 years. I know that air consumption rates are really complicated and there are a lot more factors to take into consideration, but this is only for a class project and the teacher agreed we needed to limit the model or it would become too difficult to manage. (FYI, my teacher is also a diver). At this point I have four variables, which si more than enough for a multiple regression analysis! Most of my classmates are only using 2 variables!

To clarify the weight issue. I meant just the weight of the diver, not with the gear included. Although that will effect the dive, it's too difficult to accurately calculate. However, if you know that when you dove last year in cozumel you weighed about 168 lbs, that's fine. It will throw the data off a bit, but weight is a very important factor in air consumption, so I felt I coudln't eliminate it completely.

As for air consumption, once again my professor said to exclude differences in gear, because there would be too many different data results that do not correlate directly. If someone weighs 160 vs 170, that's a straight scale, if someone is using one tank vs. another, they answers do not fit on the same scale, so for this level of analysis, we're ignoring that data.

For max depth, I know that max isn't as accurate as average; however, not everyone has a dive computer and not all dive computers calculate average depth, so I went with max which is easier to record. If you have average depth data, please send it to me, it will make my answers more accurate.

I've gotten a lot of great feedback, but nobody has sent me any data. I would really appreciate any help you can give. Thanks, Melanie Feller

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

it’s about time you surfaced here! :)

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

Any questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by Naughty Neoprene Fashion Consultancy Inc.

I'm too new to help you with data, but I can say welcome to SB!

Sent you the best data I had from my last 50 dives.

Mike

Oh, given that equipment, generally, will be constant (I use the same BCD, general type of tank (aluminum 80) and other stuff) only the amount of lead I pack may differ so I included that as well. In Warm I use a triweight dive skin, in cool I use a 3mm full and cold, either a 5mm full or a 7mm semi-dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom