Scuba Club Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wrote a trip report including some pictures from our first trip to SCC last January. Scuba Club Cozumel Trip Report We enjoyed our stay there. jlyle goes there at least twice a year, his reports and pictures are fantastic!

Scubagal:
I wrote a trip report including some pictures from our first trip to SCC last January. Scuba Club Cozumel Trip Report We enjoyed our stay there. jlyle goes there at least twice a year, his reports and pictures are fantastic!

I just love a sweet talking woman!

If you click on one of the links below my signature, you'll find lots of pictures and reports from our trips to Scuba Club Cozumel. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email or private message.

We'll be at SCC for two weeks, starting August 6.

ewong:
Anybody been to Scuba Club Cozumel? Heading there next week (7/2-7/9).
I've heard good things about the place, any first hand experiences?

Thanks in advance,

Eddy.

Rock hard beds, bad food, not too clean...I won't stay there again.

James

I was just there a couple of months ago for my first time. The people were fantastic, very nice and courteous, always willing to help with anything. The food was great and I am picky. OK, breakfast is buffet but still nice and plenty of whatever you could want regardless of your tastes. Lunch was the weakest meal but still it was good. Dinner was fantastic on almost every night, dishes were well done, very tasty, great prep. etc. Yeah the beds were hard I have to agree there. Just dive more so you are really tired :wink: The hammocks were very comfortable so you can always nap there. Dive staff and boats were great as was the diving. My only complaint other than the beds was that the shore diving was not that great but it was OK, it was diving and that always makes me happy. (I was spoiled by shore dives in Bonaire off the hotel grounds). Be aware that the current can get bad there though so just be aware on your shore dives. I would recommend Scuba Club Cozumel to anyone & everyone.

jlyle, I just love your Cozumel reports. You paint such a beautiful picture of the diving in general. Makes me miss the island every time I read them.

Less than a month and I'll be at Scuba Club Cozumel myself... along with an inflatable pad to soften the bed a bit :wink:

Scubagal, very nice write up. It makes me want to be there now.

I agree with most of you about Scuba Club. Scuba Club is awesome. I thought the food was great, the rooms were clean, the service was good, the dive oepration was awesome, but the beds were hard. The beds are no big deal to me, I dove a lot and walked everywhere, but he time it was night, I just crashed out.

I am returning to SC again soon, and would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

BurBunny:
jlyle, I just love your Cozumel reports. You paint such a beautiful picture of the diving in general. Makes me miss the island every time I read them.

Less than a month and I'll be at Scuba Club Cozumel myself... along with an inflatable pad to soften the bed a bit :wink:

Another sweet talking woman! Thank YOU!

diveborg:
James, are you and jlyle talking about the same place?
If you do a search for previous threads about SCC, you will find that James Goddards's opinion is the minority one. I can see the basis for his opinion. The beds are indeed rock hard tile with a matress on top. My characterizations of breakfast and lunch would be home style cooking rather than 5 star restaurant.

Don't go to SCC expecting a 5 star luxury resort. First and foremost, it's a dive resort. I found a warm, friendly group of employees that enjoyed what they were doing and tried hard to make everyone's visit enjoyable, both at the hotel and on the boats.

I particularly recommend SCC to divers traveling solo. Most of the guests are divers. Most of the time, I would have just barely sat down for a meal when divers I had met on the boats would come in and join me. Overall a much nicer experience than being solo in a non-diver oriented hotel where most guests are couples and families.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom