Scuba Classes in DFW??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shereelp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New to diving and curious if anyone recommends any diving shops in the DFW area for scuba classes? Thank you for your replies...

Peace..:wink:

Arlington Scuba (Arlington)
Surface Interval "SI" Scuba (Arlington)
We 'B Divin' (Grapevine)
Tiger Shark Scuba (Arlington)

I'd highly suggest that you go visit a few shops and get a "feel" for them. I'd like to invite you to come on in to our shop, and we'll give you a tour of our shop, class, pool etc.

Welcome to the world of diving!

Dive West on Greenville.

But I would second shopping about and fiding the vibe you like the most.

But I would second shopping about and fiding the vibe you like the most.

TheValkyry stole my response.

However, that is a loaded question. You ask that here and you get SO many different responses. It seems that eveyone has their shop they frequent.
When I started looking into getting certified, I went to a couple of the shops near me. One of them I crossed off immediately.
It just boils down to doing your homework and picking the shop you have the best feel for.

I didn't have time this morning to go into details so I will now.

The dive shop I was certified at has a few good instructors, but the service pretty much sucks most of the time. They have their moments, but in my opinion, if you are dropping a couple grand anywhere, the owners and staff of the establishment should at least pretend like they give a crap.

With that being said, if you are wanting to just learn to dive, I would venture to say as long as you are comfortable with the instructor you have, any dive shop will suffice. But if you are wanting to continue your education, and want a shop that has gear for continuing diving, then you really can't beat Scuba Toys. I haven't taken a class from them, but I know several divers that absolutely love their instruction. They have all the right beginning gear as well as all the stuff you will want as soon as you know what you are doing and you want to take things to the next level. And i guarantee you the staff there will never give you a hard time for buying online, since they are the absolute premier online buying site.

So there is my 2 cents or so.....

After you get certified, come dive with Rhonda and I anytime!

Happy diving!

Check out more than a shop or two. Go to as many as you can in your area, or as far as you're willing to drive. Don't compare just prices, take a look at the operation and what you're getting for your money. Is it a small operation in a strip mall? Do they have a pool? Is the classroom just a fold up table in the back room? You'll find that you get what you pay for usually. There are a few very nice shops with pool onsite, state of the art classroom, well stocked showroom...but a facility like this won't be the least expensive. If you don't mind having classroom sessions in a cramped back room and driving to a pool somewhere, there are a few low cost shops that will meet your needs just fine. Shop around, decide how much you're willing to spend considering what you'll get, and how far you're willing to drive. Last, but not least, make sure you like the people you meet at the store! Odds are you'll be forging a relationship and start diving with these people.

Have fun! :cheers:

Arlington Scuba (Arlington)
Surface Interval "SI" Scuba (Arlington)
We 'B Divin' (Grapevine)
Tiger Shark Scuba (Arlington)

Depending on where you are in Fort Worth. Lone Star Scuba (Ft. Worth)

But I strongly encourage you to check out all of the above. You will find a fit with one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom