Scuba Board Members Save 50% on Orient Diver Watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just enter code "scubaboard50" and you'll get 50% off your watch. You can get a pretty amazing automatic diver watch for under $90.

Just google "orient watches diver"

let me know what you guys think ... i am the owner of the company and would love to know more from you all ...

do you like our styles? do you like our models? do you like the price? i'd love to know your feedback on here. I will choose one reply to win a FREE diver watch in 7 days.

Joey
Orient Watch

Nice line of Dive watches. also liked your line of Racing watches.
Looks like a nice heavy clasp. Is this a brand new just developed line of watches or have you been around a while and just started with the Dive Line.

Good luck.

Oggy, the 0-40 on the face is the power reserve meter. The orients are automatic or "mechanical" watches, they self wind a spring as you move around while wearing them. The power reserve shows you how much spring tension you've built up (simplistically).

Orient has a pretty good "bang for the buck" rep on WatchuSeek - here is a link to their section of that board. Orient - Watchuseek, world's largest & most visited Watch Forum site They've been around since 1950.

Most speak of the 300M watch. I've never owned one. They are BIG watches though. The 300M diver is 45.7mm and the Mako is 44.5mm (assuming that's without the crown). For reference a Seiko Orange (or black) monster - very highly regarded budget diver - can be had for $177 shipped (often on sale though, got mine for $140ish) from chronograph.com or overstock and is 42mm.

Orient does make their own movements though and $125 for the Mako seems like a pretty good deal.

not only does scubaboard members get 50% off, also slickdeal members..
wonder if it could be combined..
could get that nifty $1800 watch for free.. :-D

They seem to be capetbombing a few sites offering big discounts (50% like here). Not sure if there are new owners or what but they seem to be pulling the price lever pretty heavily for some reason!

Joey,

The watches look great and if the specs hold true they are a great value for the price. I have several dive watches and over time many have failed although they were supposed to be true "dive" watches.

I particularly like the Pro Diver - 2010 Mako and for a price of $250 its not a bad deal. The Pro Diver Mako (must be last years model) for $190 is a very good deal for anyone looking own a dive watch. If I had a choice the 2010 model with the larger bezel would be my first choice, while such a large watch may seem like overkill on the surface having a large bezel is needed underwater.

The specs do not list nor do the pictures show how the bezel is illuminated so that would be great information to provide. I have also owned dive watches that illuminate poorly underwater, which makes a great looking watch not very functional underwater.

I also like the reserve power feature on the Saturdation series watch and think that would be a great option to include on all of them. It may be cost prohibitive at the lower price points but what a great feature for someone who does not wear a large watch like this day in and day out.

Anyway, great looking products at great prices. Maybe I can talk the wife into picking me up one for Father's Day. Thanks for offering us a discount and hopefully you will see some interest from our member's.

Brad Jenkins

I'd have to agree. They look like some pretty cool watches, all coming from prices to fit a good range of budgets. I'm personally likin' the look of the Orient Sky in white with blue arms. Shame it's out of stock, but maybe it'll be back in time for my birthday.

Anyway, good luck with it dude. I'm probably gonna spend some time on the site to see if I can scare up a "plan b" watch.

After reading more about these watches on several websites I found these watches have almost a cult following all around the world. We seem to have been a little late to the party here in the USA but we are finally recognizing the quality of these timepieces.

There have been articles in several major news outlets about the watches and they seem to all be excellent reviews!

I cannot wait until the pocketbook allows for a new watch purchase so I can try out one of these timepieces on upcoming trips. My November trip to Bonaire would make an excellent test trip for this watch. Eight days of nonstop diving to depth should run it through its paces!

If I get one I will post here so everyone knows how it performs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom