Scuba Bloopers in Books and Movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J. Bisset in The Deep, opening scene. diving with no bcd (other than her own personal floatation devices).

OK, so that isn't really all that bad, I guess I just like the scene:D :D

RJ

boomx5 once bubbled...
didn't Jaws 3 have a scene where a guy was down for like 20 min. while breathing a spare air?

I thought the main character knocked the valve off the tank in like 60fsw and used the tank as a rocket to the surface to avoid the shark. Maybe I'm wrong.:confused:

What about that scene when Stitch bites open the tank that Jamba is wearing and Jamba and Quigley go flying off into the air bouncing over waves for a couple hundred metres?

Come on, I know Stitch is strong enough to bite through the tank, but really, I've never seen anyone rocket across the ocean when their tank was bitten through.

I have seen an N2 tank fall and become a balistic missile. Very exciting. I have also seen some ugly stuff happen when a pressure test to 2000 psi failed. Not pretty. Think of something with a mass of 2000 pounds and high velocity coming at you!

Not good.

My haskel pump can do 15 000 psi, it's amazing the things you can deform at that pressure.

It might be a tale but one fellow instructor told me about that. Full tank accidentally fell and the valve was knocked off. The tank went through couple of walls and stuck half way through a basement concrete wall.
True or not true, but I would not want to be on its way.

It is my understanding and my experience ( engineering background), that if a pressurized tank is comprimised eg a bullet thru it or the valve is knocked off, it takes off like a rocket. This makes perfect sense; however in Jaws #1 didn't the sherriff (roy) shoot the tank in the sharks mouth and the shark blew all to hell?

My memory might be bad, but this is how I remember it.

So did the suspect tank have more than compresed air in it?

How did Jaws blow up?

Inquiring minds need to know.......:confused:

Which had a tank explode while filling. Their website shows photos of all the damage it caused. It looks like a bomb went off in the back of the shop. I'll try to find the site and link to it.

Brian

we had a compressor filter (about 4 feet long, 6 inch or so dia) let go during the night. the concussion blew out most of the glass in the store. The filter housing went up through the roof, turned around and came down through the roof of a store next door. Major mess, could have been a disaster if it had been during business hours.

WW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom