$ Scuba and the Wife $

Spending on scuba and the wife....

• I tell my wife exactly about how much I spend on scuba diving.

Votes: 103 48.1%
  • I partly tell her about how much I spend but I sneak things around so she won't complain.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • My wife thinks scuba diving is free and the equipment were all presents from santa claus.

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • I'm a woman and I am frustrated that this is the only option I can click on!

Votes: 36 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dont ask dont tell in our relationship, however she has a very good idea of the amount of cash I have spend (around $20K)

I use sex to manipulate him to stay home with the kids so I can go diving..... I am going straight to hell, but at least it might be easier starting at 6 ata.
You are not damned, at least not for that. Most of us don't mind being manipulated with sex; coercion by withholding it?--that is a sure ticket to hell! :D

Most of us don't mind being manipulated with sex; coercion by withholding it?--that is a sure ticket to hell! :D

Tell me about it. I do it all the time and still feel bad about it...

:D

Wife bought most of the gear we have or we have got it together.
We have complete sets for all 5 of us from tanks to computers.

Wife is my dive buddy and I wont be diving without her or my kids.

Hah!!!! The gf just went in to our Lds of choice to rent some gear, as she doesn't feel that she is ready to purchase her own, and they were all out for the dates we needed. She's now borrowing some of mine, since I now have that BP/W coming (thank you Tobin), but she still needed a reg......

Chaching, I said I'd take care of it, et voila, a new reg for me!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::rofl3::rofl3:

So if I understand you correctly she gets your old but well proven reg which may or may not be coming with a new mouthpiece, that you are sacrificing of course, and volunteering to risk your life with a brand new and unproven out of the box reg. Wow...she has to be a lucky person :rofl3:

MY wife has hobbies and smokes. Every time I spend money on diving i bring up how much she spends on smokes and her hobbies. We're pretty even. The thing that I love to say is " honey, don't you care about my safety, you don't want me to die right?, I need XXXXX to be a good safe diver" This is followed by some eye rolling and a "whatever". I used to do the everything is a discount gift from a dive buddy, but felt bad about that so just opened up and told her. The other thing is I need this to catch fish and lobster, we can save so much money if I catch our own food :)

So if I understand you correctly she gets your old but well proven reg which may or may not be coming with a new mouthpiece, that you are sacrificing of course, and volunteering to risk your life with a brand new and unproven out of the box reg. Wow...she has to be a lucky person :rofl3:

On the contrary. Being the gentleman that I am, I'll let her use the brand new reg while I suffer through the old reg. :D

While I do tell her what I spend it is not much. I buy a lot of vintage stuff cheap on line and fix it myself.

My wife and I dive together, she knows what it costs.

Option #5: My wife doesn't ask and doesn't care so long as she can get the stuff she wants.

+1 That's the way it is in our house, works for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom