Scuba agencies in France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you think it's a good idea for a certification BEES?

The BEES is a state cert that allowed you to teach a sport in France.
Nothing to see with PADI, SSi, or even with the French FFESSM.
This is the french law, you don't like it, but what a piece of luck : you're Swiss ! ( I meant, what a luck ...for me...:D)

The BEES is a state cert that allowed you to teach a sport in France.
Nothing to see with PADI, SSi, or even with the French FFESSM.
This is the french law, you don't like it, but what a piece of luck : you're Swiss ! ( I meant, what a luck ...for me...:D)
OK, even with the French FFESSM, it's not possible to work.

Do you have an idea about my question OW and AOW?

I am your neighbour. :D

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Gentlemen please keep this at a civil level.

Surprizing, there is a PADI dive center next door (40 km from here), they provide OW courses, advance, rescue, nitrox etc.. and they are outlaw !!!???!!!
Wait a minute, I just call the police !

Well, now : could you just lay down and...well, did you have a french teacher at school ? :)

Your profile says "France" so I'll assume you know how things work there.

If I show up and want to go diving and pull out my SSI "Master Diver" card, can my buddy and I rent tanks and go diving within recreational limits (130'/40m), without some type of professional coming along?

Terry

Hi Terry.
If you want to rent a tank, nobody will ask you any card ( except a credit card maybe ?). So, then you could dive and stop at your own limits, there is no restriction if you dive on your own in France, it's just under your responsability.
If you dive with a professional dive op, that will be his responsability.

I personnaly know a tek deep diver that isn't able to show anything else than a french federation 1st level card ( = OW). He learned with firends and he has got his own material.

Hi Terry.
If you want to rent a tank, nobody will ask you any card ( except a credit card maybe ?). So, then you could dive and stop at your own limits, there is no restriction if you dive on your own in France, it's just under your responsability.
If you dive with a professional dive op, that will be his responsability.

I personnaly know a tek deep diver that isn't able to show anything else than a french federation 1st level card ( = OW). He learned with firends and he has got his own material.

OK, thanks!

It was all sounding very "regulated".

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom