Scuba agencies in France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok let's put a question in here,

My 1993 CMAS *** cert.is void.Now I'm a PADI instructor.3000+ dives
Is someone gonna tell me there are limitations to how and where and how deep I dive.:confused:

Is someone gonna tell me there are limitations to how and where and how deep I dive.
confused.gif

Yep : 60 m with air.
Deeper if you have a trimix cert. ( 70 tx normo)
If you dive on your own, you just do what you want.

I think some (insecure) foreign PADI OWSI cannot come to terms with the fact that they are not trained to decompression dive and are therefore not recognised as instructors under CMAS.
In France and overseas (French Polynesia, French Antilles, La Réunion etc.), it's not possible to work with PADI OWSI only, even the exercises without decompression for the beginners. An French instructor certification BEES (not insect!) is mandatory to work.

In France and overseas (French Polynesia, French Antilles, La Réunion etc.), it's not possible to work with PADI OWSI only, even the exercises without decompression for the beginners. An French instructor certification BEES (not insect!) is mandatory to work.

Yes. The BEES (State Certificate of Sport Teachers in English) is also required for other teaching roles such as swimming teacher.

This is to protect French people from poor teaching and unsafe practices. It is perhaps a little "unusual" by the standards of other European countries.

It has nothing to do with diving agencies.

Chris

Yessssssss ! This is true ! ( for once...)

If you want to talk about the labour rules in France, It's gonna take time I'm afraid.:D

Yessssssss ! This is true ! ( for once...)

If you want to talk about the labour rules in France, It's gonna take time I'm afraid.:D
If I say that in France, OW and AOW divers, even with more than 100 dives, have to be accompanied by a monitor in the large majority of dive shops, even with PADI agencies, is it also true? :D

Yes. The BEES (State Certificate of Sport Teachers in English) is also required for other teaching roles such as swimming teacher.

This is to protect French people from poor teaching and unsafe practices. It is perhaps a little "unusual" by the standards of other European countries.

It has nothing to do with diving agencies.

Chris
Do you think it's a good idea for a certification BEES? Maybe it's too "statism" and State don't know well the dive and cannot be effective? PADI, NAUI and SSI are private and very dynamic associations.

Hello,

New on SB but I can see that the match PADI vs FRANCE/ ffssm is not a speciality of the french diving forums....

I only recommand divers to come and see the wonderfulls dives our country can offer.

And Tomeck, please what is the use of systematicly denigrate ?? a problem with your french teacher like says Air One ?

P.S: sorry for my english...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom