Scuabamau diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update. Speculation thrives in the absence of facts. People prefer facts from the source but will turn to anything they can get. People want to know because they care. Opal made friends not customers. Prayers continue for all.

We have never been diving with Scuba Mau, but we are scheduled to do so in November. Reading all of the posts here saying wonderful things about Opal and Gabi confirms that we made the right choice to go with them for the first time. We are thinking of them and the whole SM family. Best wishes from Colorado.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Opal, Gabi and Heath. The expresions of support, concern and caring for their well being speaks to the type of people that they are. I understand from Victor, Scuba Mau Shop Manager, that there is a PayPal account being set up by a friend on Cozumel so donations can be accepted to help with medical expenses for Gabi and Opal. Hopefully that information will be forthcoming soon so that those of us that want to show our love and support can dig deep into our hearts and pockets.

Hard to believe Gabi and Opal were involved on such an accident. I hope they recover well asap. All my thoughts to them!!!

So sad to hear the news, and OPAL you are the strongest toughest woman I have ever met!! I know you can fight this!!! Fight hard girl, dont give up!!! I am for sure that you nor Gabi would leave one another behind and I can only imagine how traumatic and scary this must have been for all of you!! I pray your pretty smiles wakes up to read how many people are fighting for you too!!! WE LOVE YOU GABI AND LOVE YOU OPAL!!!!!! Thank you for all that you have done for me over the years and for the dedication that you have to tourism and diving!!

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Opal, Gabi and Heath. The expresions of support, concern and caring for their well being speaks to the type of people that they are. I understand from Victor, Scuba Mau Shop Manager, that there is a PayPal account being set up by a friend on Cozumel so donations can be accepted to help with medical expenses for Gabi and Opal. Hopefully that information will be forthcoming soon so that those of us that want to show our love and support can dig deep into our hearts and pockets.

I talked to Monkey yesterday, and he said they were going to be having a bbq dinner today (I think) to raise funds to help with medical expenses. So if you are in Cozumel stop by the shop and get the details.

I also got an email from Victor last night with some info on the account that you can donate to. Due to some confusion during translation I don't think I got all of the account info and am waiting to hear back. If I get more info I will let everyone know. Like Greg mentioned if you are in Cozumel stop by the bbq, if you haven't met the Scuba Mau gang will soon see why everyone who knows them loves them.

Thoughts and prayers to Opal and Gabi and their families. If anyone can get through this those two can, I have never met more gracious and positive people than those two.

Amy & Don

Awesome ideas for fundraising. Do we know if Opal and the others have DAN insurance for the really big expenses? (Then again, healthcare may not be that expensive in Mexico, I don't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom