Info SCTLD closures on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the reply. There are a number of my favorites that aren't listed. Planning to go in September as long as I get my passport renewal in time.

Exactly one-third of the 87 STINAPA sites are red or orange, and even so are divable with restrictions. Only the 9 sites north of Karpata are closed. You've got plenty of diving you can do.

Exactly one-third of the 87 STINAPA sites are red or orange, and even so are divable with restrictions. Only the 9 sites north of Karpata are closed. You've got plenty of diving you can do.
Thank you, really appreciate this. Never been to Bonaire, but we've decided to go for the first time this January. In the planning stages now, so I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread (and any other info you share.)

Are there any disease issues on the east side? And how is the sargassum over there this at this point?

Are there any disease issues on the east side? And how is the sargassum over there this at this point?
There are only two STINAPA sites on the east side, at CAI and the WHITE HOLE. Both are Green.
Other non-STINAPA sites are not reported.
I guess you know that much of the east side is not divable except in special wind conditions....

To summarize, here are the only sites currently marked Red:

Here are the only sites currently marked Orange:
All other sites are Green, although those north of Karpata (below) are CLOSED to diving to try and keep them Green.
As of today, July 5, STINAPA has added to the RED and ORANGE lists:
Newly RED:
La Machaca​
Reef Scientifico​
Buddy's Reef​

Newly ORANGE:
Andrea 1​
Salt Pier​
Tori's Reef​

What was surprising to me is that I got the normal Stinapa newsletter in my inbox today and it had no mention of the disease.

Just found this three minute video on YT, made by STINAPA a few months ago. Simple and useful.

Yesterday, July 14, STINAPA listed the following RED sites:
1689418608864.png

And the following ORANGE sites:
1689418747621.png

In addition, the following sites on Klein are ORANGE:
1689418820297.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom