SCREAMING interspiro divator MK II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dude2010

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Interspiro Divator MK II that has been disassembled cleaned and dried after every dive. It's 2nd hand, but everything is like brand new, it has an extremely annoying highpitch tone when inhaling. But an out of this world screaming upon exhaling. Underwater is sounds like the scariest last cry for help :( All membranes looks new. Take a listen for your self here! Medium pressure from Apeks DS4 is 8 bar.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ubyz3ozattl22q/interspiro scream.mp3

Another thing it does, is when you tap it light, not nearly like when you are in a bumpy boat - the lever springs to on. What can be done about that?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlprbimjkn64z64/interspiro.mp4

Send it to service - yeah.. Service here in northern europe, is a 2-500$ operation, and I would almost guarantee they have some lame excuse, to why it is SUPPOSE to do so.

Hope someone has a helpful answer.

There are some solutions to the issues you've experienced. The inhalation noise seems to be the red non-return valve is what is making this noise, I would suspect. A little silicone grease on this may reduce if not eliminate it. If you have the opportunity, you might try a quick dive without this valve and see if it still makes this noise. Are you familiar with the check valve I'm referring to?

To the positive pressure lever, there are a couple of things that can be done to help this issue. This should be done by a trained service tech. My recommendation though, would be to convert the reg to demand. There's no real need for positive pressure in the vast majority of diving.

Back
Top Bottom