Scratched HOG D3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on where you scratched it... But if its just the surface black coating and its not a really deep scratch, its not an issue.

Depends on where you scratched it... But if its just the surface black coating and its not a really deep scratch, its not an issue.
Attached a picture. Pls tell me it's just the surface.

Attachments

• IMG_5160.JPG
    IMG_5160.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 189
The little white mark is the scratch? If so, no worries, I'd say it's almost brand new still.

Yeah... no biggie at all. I about made some silly remark about negatively affecting the drag coefficient, or making sure you aligned the exhaust bearings, but we were all beginners once. :D :D :D BTW, you can repair it with a 100 ft of shore line.

Like the others have said, it's no big deal! I have regulators in much worse condition that breathe just as good as new.

Enjoy your D3, they are great regs!

Hehe, I know the feeling, but assuming you actually dive with your equipment, don't expect it to keep that fresh out-of-the-box look.

That's the problem with black coatings on gear the scratches show up as much worse than they actually are. Just wait until it has a few more boat trips on it you won't even notice the scratch.

But if you feel unsafe using it I'll give you $20 for it.

That's the problem with black coatings on gear the scratches show up as much worse than they actually are. Just wait until it has a few more boat trips on it you won't even notice the scratch.

But if you feel unsafe using it I'll give you $20 for it.

Stop lowballing him, I'll offer him $25

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom