Scratched HOG D3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all for the replies! :D Was just worried that the exposed area will be prone to rapid degradation of some sort. Understand that it won't affect breathing.

Yeah... no biggie at all. I about made some silly remark about negatively affecting the drag coefficient, or making sure you aligned the exhaust bearings, but we were all beginners once. :D :D :D BTW, you can repair it with a 100 ft of shore line.

Don't understand the repair part :confused:

That's the problem with black coatings on gear the scratches show up as much worse than they actually are. Just wait until it has a few more boat trips on it you won't even notice the scratch.

But if you feel unsafe using it I'll give you $20 for it.

Stop lowballing him, I'll offer him $25

:rofl3:

Don't understand the repair part :confused:
These were all teases made to "noobs" in auto repair and in Boy Scouts. Relative Bearing Grease, Left Handed Smoke Shifter, Snipe hunts and such.

if it bothers you, try a black Sharpie.....

Even if it's a deep scratch, I'd not be concerned. What's going to happen?

Hard to really imagine any 'scratch' causing a reg to fail.. but somebody asking this question, should probably be given a very conservative response. A deeper gouge might impair the turret rotation, a hose port seal or an enviro-cap seal. Or the impact that caused a deep scratch might be worth looking into.

But.. a simple scratch is probably nothing to worry about..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom