Scout - LED upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone tried the LED "upgrade"?

I'd be interested in some feedback/comparison of the performance between the LED and the conventional version as far as brightness/penetration etc go.

brgds,
Blox

Is the Halcyon LED upgrade finally available? I was considering a MAL Lighting LED "bulb" (uHLD1) - it fits the older Scouts (those ones that uses UK SL4 heads).

Vie:
Is the Halcyon LED upgrade finally availble?

I assume that it is available, because it is on the latest Halcyon pricelist that I have received from the H-distributor around here

its like $120 from what I heard, expensive!!!

lamont:
can you retrofit an old scout, or is the housing different?

Sorry I have no idea whether you can retrofit an old Scout with it or not. Would need to ask the dealer, which I have not done, because I don't own an "old" Scout anyway but am looking at buying a new one. My initial post was meant to find out, if the LED "upgrade" is worth the money.

And... Yes, the upgrade is expensive - costs more than the darn torch itself (at least where I live).

There's your problem. You shouldn't try to take a torch underwater. Try using a flash light next time. :) (sorry, bad American humor... I couldn't resist)

Michael Freeman:
There's your problem. You shouldn't try to take a torch underwater. Try using a flash light next time. :) (sorry, bad American humor... I couldn't resist)

No worries - not being a native English speaker (not sure if Americans would qualify for this label either :wink: ) I am used to (at least) occasionally picking the wrong terms and being corrected for it.

Is this upgrade focusable? If not, it's worthless underwater.

detroit diver:
Is this upgrade focusable? If not, it's worthless underwater.
The Scout isn't focusable.. I don't see why the LED upgrade would be different. If you're thinking it's a normal flood-type LED, that's almost certainly wrong... it is doubtless a single high-power, side emitting LED with a reflector very similar to the regular Scout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom