Score!!!! W00t!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer:
Wow... That is an AMAZING shot, Dee! This camera comes with the wide angle lens, Pelican box, owner's manuals for both the camera AND the strobe...

Question for you: Diving Cozumel, because of current, etc, it's probably impractical to have someone hand the camera down to you after you do your giant stride, right? So where did you stow the camera when you were doing your stride, or were you holding it in your left hand, or what? Thanks. :)
I do lots of current diving here and I still get someone to hand it to me. If the current is so extreme that you can't grab a line or the ladder before you're swept away, you probably will have a hard time taking pictures anyway. Sometimes I lower it on a rope and have it hanging over the side before I jump in and then I swim over and unclip it (saves me the trouble of asking for help). Jumping in the water with the camera can give it quite a shock.

[/QUOTE:
Question for you: Diving Cozumel, because of current, etc, it's probably impractical to have someone hand the camera down to you after you do your giant stride, right? So where did you stow the camera when you were doing your stride, or were you holding it in your left hand, or what? Thanks. :)

Pump up your BC, Giant stride into the water with your legs apart and kicking them together upon entering and holding camera above your head is a great way to keep it out of the water while entering to prevent a big shock to it.
Try it a couple of time s with out the camera it works great. you dont have to depend on deck hand missing the hand off

Great suggestions. Thank you! We're diving with Del Mar Aquatics, and now that I recall, their platform is right at water level, so I don't think it will be an issue. In Panama City Beach, the outfit we usually dive with is Panama City Dive & Ski, and they have pretty high platforms, so your suggestion might be best, Spstar. Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it. :)

swankenstein:
I do lots of current diving here and I still get someone to hand it to me. If the current is so extreme that you can't grab a line or the ladder before you're swept away, you probably will have a hard time taking pictures anyway. Sometimes I lower it on a rope and have it hanging over the side before I jump in and then I swim over and unclip it (saves me the trouble of asking for help). Jumping in the water with the camera can give it quite a shock.

Thank you. I like the idea of lowering it on a line, too. As much as possible, I like to be independent, where my gear is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom