Scope of lifetime seam warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Lecter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
One of my 4.5' SMBs has recently developed a small leak at the OPV/SMB bag seam, so my question is whether Halcyon's lifetime warranty to the original purchaser covering "all RF-welded seams used in the construction of MC bladders, surface signaling and lift devices" includes the seam where the threaded portion of the OPV is welded to the SMB body, or, if it only covers the welded edges of the bag itself.

Thanks much.

The Halcyon warranty includes all RF welds. You are welcome to send in your SMB and if you have additional questions, talk with Corey Smith the Halcyon Technical Services Manager at your convenience. He is most accommodating.

Thanks much; am I correct in assuming that the 'bag material to OPV threaded plastic flange' connection is in fact RF welded and not glued? Wasn't sure if fittings were sealed to the bag by a different method and thus excluded.

Sent from my Shearwater Petrel using Tapatalk

Thanks much; am I correct in assuming that the 'bag material to OPV threaded plastic flange' connection is in fact RF welded and not glued? Wasn't sure if fittings were sealed to the bag by a different method and thus excluded.

Sent from my Shearwater Petrel using Tapatalk

Yes, you are correct in assuming that the flange is RF welded to the bladder. Feel free to send it in and I'll get you sorted out.

Sweet. Can I send mine too?

Back
Top Bottom