Scooter Question (Beer Bet)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If someone will kindly sponsor me with a pair of those bad ass 16 mile range scooters and a couple super large LP121 tanks of air, my friend and I will try this to help you settle your bet! Please ship the required scooters, chargers, tanks, etc. to my address which can be found on my website.

Let's do this!!!

This is to settle a beer bet with my brother.....
Is it possible with these new scooters, to leave from shore and go all the way around Molokini and back to shore on one tank?
What size tank. SAC rate? How deep?

What size tank. SAC rate? How deep?

When I pitched this question, I was thinking a 80. Which I can get about 70 to 75 minutes on. Didn't think about what depth, so just any depth would fill the requirement.

Thank you! So the answer is clearly no it is not possible. Fun discussion though except for a few rude comments. On a side note a friend of mine had a NIMH battery explode today after charging for only three hours.

Greg Walker
www.mauiscooterdivers.com

Greg

We arrive on the 19th, can I book 2 of the shore dive/ Molokini tours with a Beer stop on the back wall.

Greg, seriously... Do you / Can you put a scooter trip together for my brother and I, leaving from the boat and traveling all the way around Molokini? My brother and I would like to hire you to guide us on this.

Unfortunately it's not my boat. The owner of B&B made an exception since we both did our Divemaster training with them they knew our skill level. All the way around Molokini is too unpredictable . I would not take customers. Sorry.

Greg Walker
www.mauiscooterdivers.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom