Scooter Question (Beer Bet)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to bet that he couldn't make it from shore to around Molokini and back to shore. I'd give him a case of beer just to watch him. Wonder how many times you guys beat each other up as kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

First of all, what kind of BeeR ?. Second I would listen to Greg, I don't think it would be a good thing to try from shore. That's a Looooooooooong way. Plus you could be on shore drinking beer.

Average cruising range at 1.9 mph in open water: 18.6 miles
Continuous run time at 3.23 mph in open water: 120 minutes
Average range at 3.23 mph in open water: 7.5 miles
I think u would run out of air using single tank before u would go around, besides i would look at lower numbers of the machine while trying to attempt something like that

Having been the only one on this thread to actually go all the way around Molokini on a scooter, I would say I would not attempt the from and to shore leg. I used an Apollo AV2 with the NIMH batteries. It took 50 minutes going with the current.

Greg Walker
www.mauiscooterdivers.com

Having been the only one on this thread to actually go all the way around Molokini on a scooter, I would say I would not attempt the from and to shore leg. I used an Apollo AV2 with the NIMH batteries. It took 50 minutes going with the current.

Greg Walker
www.mauiscooterdivers.com

I think the question was "is it possible?" rather than "is it a good idea?". Your first post indicated it was not possible, but now you are suggesting that it is.

That's kind of my point. 50 minutes with archaic batteries.

We're talking about adding 5 miles to the 1.5 miles you did. It took you 50 minutes to go 1.5 miles with NiMH batteries. And scooters now can go 16 miles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom