Scooter on Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are going to Bonaire for a week in August. Our scooters can fly with us if we want. What are thoughts about scootering on Bonaire? Is it good for general exploring of long stretches of reef? What about reaching the wrecks, or other particular sites?.

We obviously will not be using them every dive as we also like to take our time and explore and even find macro stuff.

But, for this trip, would they be worthwhile at some sites for a "fun" factor?

Especially interested in hearing from anyone who has actually scootered there, but all comments from experienced Bonaire veterans would be welcome.
take them to jamaica...

bonaire has tons of macro critters and lots of stuff close to shore. no NEED for a scooter, unless sealife bores you.

Even then i think bonaire would be boring with a scooter since most dive site topology is very similar, kind of like driving across the prairies. but it may be neat to sooter across to klien?

It's interesting that so many people say not to do it (for various reasons) haven't actually done it.

I haven't done it, but feel qualified to have an opinion anyway. We encountered them once on Bonaire as another buddy team entered shortly after us at The Lake. We never did see them during the dive but had to listen to the obnoxious sound they made the entire time. Sounded like a couple of spaceships from the Jetsons cartoon.

What scooters were they using that were so loud? Cheap Tusa from LP? haha

The Cuda 650 we were using wasn't loud at all.

We never saw them. They entered after us and exited before we did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom