Scooter diving with Shaka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akmike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
Just wanted to say thanks to Shaka Doug for the great scooter dive. My brother-in-law and I went with Doug off White Rock beach and in addition to doing my first scooter, I saw may first Manta, it was awesome!!! My brother-in-law is a new diver and he can't stop talking about diving like James Bond.
Thanks again Doug, it was a great dive.
Mike

Where is White Rock? Can't say I heard of that one and I dont think I've seen it in my books.

White Rock is another name for Palauea Beach. It's just south of Polo Beach and north of Po'olenalena Beach. It's got two reefs, south and north. To the south you have a small swim through with an overhang that the sharks and turtles like. To the north (right) you have beautiful reef and a turtle cleaning station. That's where I took Mike and his brother in law. It's one of my favorite dives. We've seen a lot of rays there recently.

Great diving with you Mike and thanks for the post! Here's a few pics from that dive....

5580_1185608313895_1038890729_576511_228489_n.jpg

5580_1185608353896_1038890729_576512_7774748_n.jpg

5580_1185608193892_1038890729_576508_6262161_n.jpg

Diving with Shaka Doug and his scooters was the high light of my trip to Maui. On my do do list the next time I go back. I have to say i did feel a little like James Bond.

I've also heard White Rock referred to as Chang's Beach. You know, the parking lot next to Makena Road where the lady has the umbrella food stand with $20 tacos. Yeah...that one.

Sorry but you've got your beaches mixed up. Changs Beach is Po'olenalena Beach. That's a couple beaches south of Palauea. (There are sometimes up to three distinct 'secret' beaches between Palauea and Po'olenalena depending on what the tides have left behind) The nice lady (Donna) has an authentic New York style hotdog cart out on front. No $20 tacos but she does have the best Phily Cheese Steak sandwiches around and they're only $6 I think. Stop by and see her if shes' serving food. Delish!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom