Scavenger Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

james croft

Contributor
Reaction score
A few days ago I dove a section of water in a high crime area looking for dumped evidence. I try to clear this section 3-4 times a year. My partner and I found a money changing machine that had been broken into. Found 3 bicycles, A Motorola XTS 3000 portable police walkie-talkie, a credit card, a mason jar full of coins that had a cloth voodoo doll in it with Spanish writing on it. And 4 guns. One was a .40 semi-auto that had been stolen from a local gunstore a couple of years ago, another was 9 mm with a defaced serial number, a .25 cal semi-auto and a sinister looking Cobray M11. I also relocated a bronze urn with cremains in it that I had found last year. I leave it alone, just say hello to the occupant of the urn and let him or her know I am just passing through...

The guns will be analyzed by the state crime lab. Curious to see what mischief those guns have been up to. The water was nastier than usual and my buddy got ill the next day with vomiting and nausea and an ear infection and I was feeling a bit under the weather myself but that was shortlived.

It was a productive dive and generates the stats my agency likes to keep our team funding from being cut. The guns we recovered could conceivably result in a needle in the arm of a inmate on Death Row. You just never know.

What made it pretty cool was a blue and white parakeet that watched us from a tree limb hanging about 4 feet from the water. It had flown the coop and escaped, living the free life and looking none the worse for it. It enjoyed hanging out with us. It would let you almost touch it and then would do that silly little side shuffle they do with their feet and stay out of reach. I hope he makes it through the winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom