Scapa Flow liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All of the Scapa charter boats are OK, however they do cater for different markets. My all time favorite, is the Karin, nice flat deck for kitting up on, plenty of space and warm and cosy if fairly basic cabins - many a happy week spent diving scapa or further afield on her. Great skipper . I far prefer to liveaboard, keeps all the kit together, and means I don't have to get up much before reaching the dive site - and the added freedom of a couple of nights in a different pie - Longhope or Burray from the Flow, Kirkwall, Stronsay, Rousay, Shapinsay if elsewhere.
Halton or Jean Elaine would be my next choices - Valkyrie is a different market to me.
Scapa is best dived out of season, when the visibility is generally at it's best, although it's possible to get blown out, there's usually somewhere to dive, we book weekends in winter, sometimes the whole boat, sometimes just a couple of spaces if Karin is going out - just need to book a couple of days in advance. We' re heading to Karin again in July for a week heading from Lerwick to Stromness - I lived in Shetland for many years, so catching up wit friends first then meandering down the east coast back to the Flow diving some of the N Isle wrecks along the way, maybe take some kayaks with us too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom