Scapa Flow 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divebunny

Reaction score
Hi there

Scapa Flow is a destination for some of the best wreck diving in the world with 7 capital ship wrecks from 1918 and many other wrecks and dive sites is is more than a person can dive in a week and not as cold as you would think ... 11 degrees average.
We run a charter operation here using a 50 ft fully equiped dive boat with onboard compressors,nitrox and many other features so try contacting me for more information about diving charters here in Orkney.
hazel@mv-stormdrift.co.uk
www.mv-stormdrift.co.uk

Warm Water Wimps need not apply. Looks good to me, if only the exchange rate was better for the US.

hey!!! as a warm water wimp i take offense to your comment :eyebrow:

of course, i just bought a dry suit, so now i am a warm water wimp with a drysuit...

H2Andy:

of course, i just bought a dry suit, so now i am a warm water wimp with a drysuit...
well of course we cater for wimps too .....
Heated cabins and warmed drysuits a speciality for our North american visitors :wink:
Oh and endless cups of coffee / tea cookies and a little drop of something more spirited at the end of the week!

Hazel

H2Andy:

Hey, no offense intended. And with that drysuit, you are one step closer to seeing the rest of the world's underwater wonders.

Drysuit? We don't need no stinking... :D

El Orans:
Drysuit? We don't need no stinking... :D

Don't listen to him....he's Dutch! Probably dives the North Sea in a T-shirt! :D

Divebunny:
Hi there

not as cold as you would think ... 11 degrees average.
hazel@mv-stormdrift.co.uk
www.mv-stormdrift.co.uk

11 degrees is very cold in these parts, but we're kind wimpy. Heck, we think that 32 degrees is freezing. I bet it's hard gettin' around in that 11 degree water, but you probably could really hover. I bet you could make a tank last forever too.

it does get up as high as 14 degrees lol

yeah boyancy is great ... and you can make a 12ltr air last about 45 minutes at 35 mtrs

ifyou think diving here is cold ...you should try the wreck diving in norway ....now that is COLD 3 - 0 degrees brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hazel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom