SB'ers on Cozumel in JUNE '09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll be staying at the Fiesta June 13th thru 20th --- Diving with Deep Blue

Anyone else there at that time?

Two lionfish?! Locations reported to the Park? Fish captured by a DM?
You hope "Cozumel" can eradicate them... We are all "Cozumel" in this cooperative effort!

Our DM's were the ones who pointed them out to us. I'm not sure what you are suggesting that the vacation diver in Cozumel can do to help this effort aside from pointing them out to the DM if we see them first.

Perhaps you can explain. :rofl3:

Hi Donna sounds like you had a great trip....not speaking for Deb...but I think that is all that she meant.....we as visitors to the island can only point them out to the DM and that is what we should do....of course the DM at that point would have to take over...from what I have been reading they are notifying the park people and capturing as many as they can find....

I think Deb is just wondering if you did show the DM and hopefully something was done....it is great that so many eyes are in the water watching out for these fish it will really help Cozumel try and get a handle on this:) we all love the island and we all need to be involved even if we are only using our eyes and signaling the DM:D

Not only our first time to Cozumel, but our first diving ever! (other than OW & AOW class) 4 of us, only 2 divers - couldn't get the boys to get certified- staying at Iberostar 19-24 diving with Deep Blue the 21st and 23rd.

Staying at the Iberostar with miss_chelsy +2 June 19-24th and diving June 21 and 23 with Deep Blue. First ocean dives ever and can not wait!

Hi Donna sounds like you had a great trip....not speaking for Deb...but I think that is all that she meant.....we as visitors to the island can only point them out to the DM and that is what we should do....of course the DM at that point would have to take over...from what I have been reading they are notifying the park people and capturing as many as they can find....

I think Deb is just wondering if you did show the DM and hopefully something was done....it is great that so many eyes are in the water watching out for these fish it will really help Cozumel try and get a handle on this:) we all love the island and we all need to be involved even if we are only using our eyes and signaling the DM:D

Ann,

Yes, it was our DM who pointed them out to us.

:wink:

Hey Divemonkeys...one week and counting!!!

Mary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom